• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are there any splice fans yet?

I totally agree and my favorite pair by far. I wish they would reproduce them...particularly since I just broke the nose bridge on my favorite pair.

Otherwise they are my favorite oakleys of all time and I had just brought them back out to wear and boy do I regret it.
I would be extremely sad but these glasses are meant to be enjoyed. Repair them until they can't be repaired anymore. Just ordered the straight jackets lenses to try to fix mine and I am going to wear them until they die. I am also thinking of giving my buddy some fire iridium half jackets 1.0 I have in my closet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429053909.694419.jpg

Here are my Splice'. Had them new since 2002 and wore them solid for about 8-10 years. They're pretty beat up, especially since I wore them everywhere. Wore them swimming when I was a lifeguard.

The lenses are pretty thrashed, but still very clear. The FMJ portion of the frame is chipping/flaking.

These are/were my back up pair in the glove box, and now my work glass, I won't shed as big of a tear when they will eventually fall off my hat.

View attachment 144890

Here are my Splice'. Had them new since 2002 and wore them solid for about 8-10 years. They're pretty beat up, especially since I wore them everywhere. Wore them swimming when I was a lifeguard.

The lenses are pretty thrashed, but still very clear. The FMJ portion of the frame is chipping/flaking.

These are/were my back up pair in the glove box, and now my work glass, I won't shed as big of a tear when they will eventually fall off my hat.

I'd love to a buy a pair in this condition all day, any day and twice on Sunday if the cost is low. I just love this frame

Here's a few more pics showing the lenses. I'm actually quite suprised at the clarity, considering the amount of small scratches and stuff.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429073271.877183.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429073562.141661.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429073293.388844.jpg

I wore them all day today at work, and they felt right back at home after a few years of inactivity.

I wonder what these go for nowadays.

Here's a few more pics showing the lenses. I'm actually quite suprised at the clarity, considering the amount of small scratches and stuff.

View attachment 144924
View attachment 144927
View attachment 144926

I wore them all day today at work, and they felt right back at home after a few years of inactivity.

I wonder what these go for nowadays.

View attachment 144925

Rubber's would be the biggest concern if they were worn quite a bit. They usually get oily and they are unique to Splice's.

Rubber's would be the biggest concern if they were worn quite a bit. They usually get oily and they are unique to Splice's.

The rubber looks like it's in good condition, but they are oily and don't grip like other unobtainium. I think I noticed this soon after I bought them and just attributed to oily skin.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429073866.712187.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429073919.287685.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429073951.134399.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429074029.192888.jpg

I'm not looking to sell, but just curious as to what they might be worth now.

Back