• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are there any splice fans yet?

Great info here. So I ended up getting some straight jacket lenses and a dremel diamond cutting wheel for the rough cut. Then I am just going to sand them for a hand fit and finish them by polishing the edges. My earsocks are still ok but will try the acetone. Anybody know what paint to use for the top of the frames?

EP3RR, funny enough I got mine for lifeguarding as well. Haa. Best frames ever.

You can also boil them in water for a couple of minutes, that should remove the oily residue. I must warn you it will return eventually, likely sooner than it took the first time.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429717700.300077.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429717712.609891.jpg

I ended up getting some fuse lenses until the originals get here.

Just wanted to add, these are the ones I got. Image quality is pretty good but the only thing I did notice is the finish. The Oakley lenses almost feel as if they are coated in teflon, the fuse ones were not as slippery. Other than that they seem to work ok so far. As soon as I get the straight jacket ones and I cut them I'll see if I can post some more pictures.

The Oakley ice iridium lenses are a bit darker than the fuse midnight. The cut went well but it was tough and I did mess up a bit in the left one (really small gap on the far left side). I like how they look but really like the other polarized lenses. Does anybody here make custom lenses. I would like to mimic the Oakley lenses in light transmission but have them polarized and have the edges polished by a professional.

I can cut them no problem, ANY frame that has full orbitals is no issue for me. Mine are cut with an Optical Lens Cutting machine then tailored to the frame if need be. I would need the frame first and you can provide the lenses if you want, if not I will source them myself. Oakley Donors are used exclusively. If there are frames or colors that have no donors the curvature of the lens doesn't have to match the frame directly. Example: A Juliet is around a 8-9 wrap frame, but I can without any issues cut a 5 curvature lens for it. Done all the time in the optical world. Thanks @SpliceD

That sounds great. So basically I would send you the splice frames and some straight jacket lenses as donors? Could you send me a pm or post your prices. Thank you infinitehero.

Back