1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Rusty M

Rusty M Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Are These Authentic? - 20140823_172531.jpg Are These Authentic? - 20140823_172544.jpg Are These Authentic? - 20140823_172555.jpg Are These Authentic? - 20140823_172606.jpg Are These Authentic? - 20140823_172627.jpg Got there free in a recent purchase and can't tell if they are Oakley authentic lenses. They are polarized but do not have any etching. If they are cut from a donor does the etching get cut off? Also they are the same thickness of authentic lenses. Thanks for your help!

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

IF they got cut from a donor OEM Oakley lens, you would lose the 'Polarized' during the cut.

Rusty M likes this.
  3. Rusty M

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

4. Wicked

Wicked Oakley Expert Premium Member

Your welcome :)
    ALL my custom cuts are polarized and they all have had the word cut off.

5. Rusty M

Any opinion on the authenticity? The member I received them didn't know because he received them in a trade.

6. DG85

DG85 Oakley Enthusiast

I can't tell if they have a grey or a blue base. OEM Ruby lenses have a blue base.

Juliet lenses never came polarized.

If they're OEM, they would have te blue base and would be cut from another set from another non x metal frame. The etching would been cut off.

7. Stefan84

Stefan84 Oakley Beginner

What did he tell you about color? Couldn't that also be Fire Polar.? The coating clearly looks Ruby but I have nothing to compare here so maybe someone else can clear that up?

8. Brett28

Brett28 Here's my money, thanks

Looks like a grey base lens to me def not as blue as ruby. If it's not blue then ita certainly not ruby, and def not fire. Probably aftermarket but I've been wrong before..

9. discostu

discostu Oakley Expert Premium Member

I would say they are aftermarket. The edges look too sharp to be authentic. If you have an original set, take a look at the edge and compare. To have received an oem polarized cut for free and not be told is unlikely.