• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Authentic?

Rusty M

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
The Sunshine State
20140823_172531.jpg
20140823_172544.jpg
20140823_172555.jpg
20140823_172606.jpg
20140823_172627.jpg
Got there free in a recent purchase and can't tell if they are Oakley authentic lenses. They are polarized but do not have any etching. If they are cut from a donor does the etching get cut off? Also they are the same thickness of authentic lenses. Thanks for your help!

IF they got cut from a donor OEM Oakley lens, you would lose the 'Polarized' during the cut.

Your welcome :)
ALL my custom cuts are polarized and they all have had the word cut off.

I can't tell if they have a grey or a blue base. OEM Ruby lenses have a blue base.

Juliet lenses never came polarized.

If they're OEM, they would have te blue base and would be cut from another set from another non x metal frame. The etching would been cut off.

What did he tell you about color? Couldn't that also be Fire Polar.? The coating clearly looks Ruby but I have nothing to compare here so maybe someone else can clear that up?

Looks like a grey base lens to me def not as blue as ruby. If it's not blue then ita certainly not ruby, and def not fire. Probably aftermarket but I've been wrong before..

I would say they are aftermarket. The edges look too sharp to be authentic. If you have an original set, take a look at the edge and compare. To have received an oem polarized cut for free and not be told is unlikely.

Back