• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are These Fake Gen1 Frogskins ??

Broly

Oakley Beginner
Hi everyone, I just joined this forum. I recently acquired a second set of Gen 1 frogskins through ebay and I noticed a couple differences between the pair I already owned ( acquired from ebay as well) and the newly acquired ones.
The "JAPAN" is different on both sets. On one, it is smaller print, and the other is noticeably larger.
Also the "frogskins" on the inside of the arms are a bit different. On one, the print is thinner and the other one is a bit wider.
What do you guys think, are either of these counterfeits? Is there a possibility that there were different batches made with small differences?

photo-2_zps5681c3fb.jpg

photo-2y_zpseb386158.jpg

phohjg2_zps41b50f5c.jpg

photo-opy_zps72f7820f.jpg

photohgf_zps4939f1f1.jpg

- Photobucket
- Links to share this photo, top right box
- IMG line
- Click on link and it will be copied to your cache
- paste into your thread

photo-2_zps5681c3fb.jpg

photo-2y_zpseb386158.jpg

photo-opy_zps72f7820f.jpg

photohgf_zps4939f1f1.jpg

I don't have mine in front of me, but from memory they look similar to the top pair, which also looks like it has 20+ years of age (patina) versus the bottom.

Meh, I've worked O-Store, SGH, Ski shops, Oakley dealers... Over half the people they hire won't know jack, The other half will regognize the frogskins but think you have fakes because the hinges are metal, only a diehard fanboy would look for font size and placement to tell if they are real... Anyone here is way more likely to let you know

you think they both may be real, even though theres clear differences in the font size?
and I called a few Oakley stores and they're pretty clueless

Took them to Costco's optics center to get the hinges tightened, and the guy working there examined them both and told me they're identical in quality and that he's almost certain that they're both legit.
Made my day haha

Latest Posts

Back