Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?
Register Today or Login
Discussion in 'Recent Frogskin Purchases' started by Randis, 11/17/12.
Thoughts appreciated...Real or fake?
I moved it to the possible fakes thread...
Bought on eBay or craigslist?
Don't see why that matters, But ebay
It matters because if they're listed as Oakley on eBay and they're fake that's grounds for a PayPal dispute where you can get your money back...... If its CL your screwed.....
I did email the lady earlier because of my suspisions, and she offered to return my money...they were he daughters so maybe she had no intention of selling fakes...but still want others opinions
I think thats e polished clear with violet irid. Quite a new release, n i dont see y would u think thats a fake. It wld realy help if u wld show us e sku#. But i think tats genuine stuff. Jus my opinion.
From the pics they don't look fake. They look like a Polished Clear w/ Violet Iridium pair. The only way to tell would be:
1) Weight of them (fakes feel a lot lighter than real Oakley Frogskins)
2) Is the paint on the logo on the stems neat or is it off? If it's off (well off on both sides) it's a sign they could be fake
3) Fake Frogskins lenses will never fit in to the frame of a real Oakley Frogskins
4) What microbag did it come with?
5) Did they come boxed and is the box tagged with the correct SKU?
6) Does it have the right paperwork and/or does the paperwork include spelling mistakes?
The first thing that made me assume these were fake was that the arms did not seem to open all of the way. I thought the arms should be more parallel.
1 and 2 seem good.
3 I know you guys will hate me, but the auction said the lenses were fairly scratched, so I bought a pair of VL lenses. So in a few days I will be able to test this one.
4, 5, and 6. Nothing else was included.
Separate names with a comma.