1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. toxic

toxic Oakley Beginner

hey guys..i just bought a pair of polished juliet recently..it came with a pair of ice lenses..it's the first time i see an ice lens with some purple hues at the edges..the seller says it's the 1st gen ice..are they?
    Are These Legit? - scam923.jpg
    Are These Legit? - scam930.jpg
    Are These Legit? - scam924.jpg

here it is compared to the current ice lens
    Are These Legit? - scam977.jpg
    Are These Legit? - scam978.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

take some clear pictures of the edges will help.. was your polished juliet serialised JB XXXX? it could be the rare polished juliet with BLUE iridium which means it will have the green and purple hues and YES you just scored BIG.

3. toxic

toxic Oakley Beginner

no unfortunately it's not..:sad: the serial is JP005647..i believe this is a custom piece..it came with the blue rubbers..those pics are the best i my phone can do in terms of capturing the purple hue i believe..i didn't notice any green in them..just purple..what do you think brip?btw thanks for the quick reply!

edit: now that u've mentioned it, they do look a lil green at the center..so it's blue ird then?

4. dr.chop

dr.chop Oakley Expert

That's Blue Iridium...Before they became "OO Blue" in the Ichiro...Killer lenses and hard to find these days. By far not Ice...

5. toxic

toxic Oakley Beginner

so they're legit doc?i was afraid it was 3rd party since i never saw these before..but from the thickness doesn't seem to be 3rd party..

6. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

yeah if the thickness is the same as OEm, and you can see those different hues its most likely blue iridium. its hard to capture the hues in photos right? haha.. blue iridium is awesome. congrats.

7. toxic

toxic Oakley Beginner

i'm ecstatic about this new info dude! this is my 1st pair of juliets and just bought it with the thought of using it daily..but now with the awesome lens in gonna be thinking twice about that..haha..yes it is hard to capture the hues..the pics doesn't do justice on the lens..thanks again dude! and the doc too! :smile:

8. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

just get another pair of lenses to use as dailies and stash these away for special occasions =)

9. toxic

toxic Oakley Beginner

yup..maybe an emerald pair with the green rubbers sounds nice..=D

10. BriP

BriP X-Metalhead

the emerald lens is one of my favs in the juliet!