1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Just making sure if these are real or not. Meeting with the seller in a couple of days, and don't want to waste time if they aren't real lol. I have no knowledge, but I'm almost certain these are the Splice. These look like the Rootbeer, but the pictures look so different...

Are These Real? - 8SlH3.jpg
    Are These Real? - QW9Br.jpg

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

I also noticed that a few on eBay have the OAKLEY sign across the nose, while some don't. I can't tell, but it doesn't look like these do...

3. Batwolf

Batwolf Double Team Premium Member

My Emerald Splice didn't have Oakley across the nose bridge but SpliceD's did. I think it just depends on when they were made.

4. del518

del518 I have a few pair.....

They do look like a Splice...and I am no expert to tell you if they are authentic or not. With regards to the OAKLEY on the nose.....I have two pairs of Oakley Fives 2.0. One pair has the OAKLEY totally worn off the nose. The other one simply say "OA EY". They 'OAKLEY' will eventually wear off.

I think some of the Splice had OAKLEY on the bridge and others did not.

5. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Is there anything specific I should check upon close inspection? I just don't want to buy a replica haha. It's at such a steal, that I am a little cautious.

6. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

7. xInZax

xInZax Gascan Addict

Awesome reference! I wasn't sure if they were legit with the bronze look. Could be lighting though. Seeing him Monday to check em out and pick them up if they are appropriate. I will look for the screws and the arms. Any ideas how good the fakes are and the differences? He also says there is a light scratch on the inside of one lens, so hopefully it isn't too bad. Amazing deal though.

8. SpliceD

SpliceD B-)

Have you ever held a Splice in person? Obviously easier to tell when you have. If you haven't, just be careful and look for the usual tell tale signs of fakes. I haven't seen many fakes of the Splice, but i did see someone wearing a weird colorway once.

9. Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear http://www.juleye.nl

To me these look genuine actually. Check if they used torn screws to put the frame halves together etc.

10. S-works

S-works 奥克利专家

i'm sure u mean torx screws (stupid auto correct / spell check) :)

i think they are T5 torx screws... smaller than x metal screws