1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. X-Metal Beast

X-Metal Beast Oakley Expert Premium Member

Hello every one. I'm about to send some OEM sapphire lenses to get cut for R1. Are Turbine donors good for R1? If not, which of the current lenses that can be found at the O store, and is available in sapphire, will be the ideal for it?

Yes, I've gone through the spreadsheet on the link below

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...mEJJZOXGEpSvnAurM/pub?hl=en&hl=en&output=html

But I look in the O website and can't find a match for a lens available in my color that will be an ideal donor; and Turbine is not in the spreadsheet.

Thank you in advanced

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. X-Metal Beast

For example, on the list it says that Flak jacket is a donor for R1, but nothing about the Flak 2.0 XL. Is there an updated list anywhere?
    Thx

3. supersharp

supersharp X-Metal Connoisseur Premium Member

Flak Jacket lens may have the same base curve, but I think it would be a bit small for an R1 if I'm not mistaken.

4. supersharp

I believe turbine is a different base curve, but we'll let some one more knowledgeable chime in here.

5. X-Metal Beast

is there an updated spreadsheet that gives that information on the newer donors?
    Thx

6. supersharp

I don't believe the list has been updated, I know I've seen a few sapphires cut for R1. Best suggestion is doing search.

7. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

turbine works, but is not the same base curve but as close as it gets. (more flat than curved) flak 2.0 IS ALMOST USELESS as a donor (penny, maybe juliet) because of the notch on the side, (in hand you will see what i mean) I do know of the latest lenses the RPM (womens) is suitable for an r1 donor but am unsure of what colors they come in, at least until the madman comes out with replacement lenses.

X-Metal Beast and joecool862 like this.
  8. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

I do know, @RoTors has a pair of R1 with turbine donors, you might want to see what his opinion is on the matter.

joecool862 and X-Metal Beast like this.
  9. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

The Turbine is most definitely a lower base curve which gives it a slightly flatter appearance but is a donor for R1. The Flak Jacket XLJ lenses are the same base curve as Juliet, Penny, R1, R2, etc but aren't big enough for the R1, although they are donors for Juliets and Pennys. I'm not a lens cutter FYI but have had numerous lenses custom cut for all my nicer pairs on display.

Edit: haha, I'm too slow, dragonvoi had you covered. Basically what he said, lol

Last edited: 10/11/15
    X-Metal Beast likes this.
  10. X-Metal Beast

Thx. Just PMd @RoTors