1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

My first pair of Juliets were the Plasma/Emerald Iridium ones - the bridge got loose so I took them to my optometrist and had them send them in (this was back in the day when you could send them in and Oakley would give you a new frame at no cost) and they sent me a serialized warranty frame with the serial W018509B. I've seen a few pop up on eBay but didn't know if they were considered rare or not.

Are Warranty X-Metal's Rare? - 7088261277_3f18b665ca_b.jpg

http://www.o-review.com/wiki.asp?name=Serial_List

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. MasChingon

MasChingon Oakley Beginner

Those are really nice. Yes, that was back in the day and they've since stopped sending serialed pairs out. They aren't super rare, but they're not common, either. Awesome piece!

3. oakleyfiguer

oakleyfiguer Oakley Beginner

hello friend calls these lenses Oakley X-Metal Warranty, as are replacement but are rare as they are the guarantee to start with w!

4. FearGearGarage

FearGearGarage Oakley Collector

yup, id hold onto them.... or id sell em to me too if I was you... :)

5. mpmcgaughey

mpmcgaughey Oakley Enthusiast

PM sent Fear :eek:)

6. Mickle

Mickle Oakley Beginner

You'd have to assume they are rare. At least rarer than the initial frame. There's no way there would be as many warranty frames as their is normal ones. I would assume this in the case of the unserialized Romeo 1.0 warranty frames as well...