• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are We Likely To See A Pit Boss 3 ?

TexxxZ 2.0

😊
Yo momma
Just something to put out there for those who claim to someone who knows someone who is a reliable source . Are we likely to see a new Pit Boss and if so would it carry the Elite Icon and with all the talk about Carbon Fibre been Oakleys "New" preference material is there a chance a new Pit Boss would include Carbon Fibre in its design .

I would definitely rule out the Elite icon. It was two pairs and done.

A PB with carbon fiber plates - sort of a Plate for the new age - would be pretty killer. Wearing the PBII felt bulky.

Id have to agree with Rust the PB2 feel was just bulky and blah. I wish they would have never come out with a 2 but if a 3 were to come out they should right their wrongs from the 2. This all being said I doubt we will see a 3.

As cool as it sounds to have a pit boss 3 I doubt it will happen. Nothing compares to the original.

I would definitely rule out the Elite icon. It was two pairs and done.

A PB with carbon fiber plates - sort of a Plate for the new age - would be pretty killer. Wearing the PBII felt bulky.

Skip the PB and just give me a pair of full on CF Plates - like the old school Plates. Elite icon and sign me up.

Skip the PB and just give me a pair of full on CF Plates - like the old school Plates. Elite icon and sign me up.

Something like that and i'm queing up at there door , maybe a little bigger something PB1 in size but with a mix of the old Plate design but improved as i always thought that the Plate's big weakness were the bonding method which held the Plates on .

my idea for a PB3 is to make the outer sections of the orbitals CF or Alloy. And this time they're not plates but solid units.

This will make two different trims at two price points. The alloy one would be more accessible for the casual customer while the CF version would appeal to collectors. I figure Ti would still be priced pretty high vs alternative alloys. It also rests better in the mind of the collector that he could have a "beater version" of the pair.

The lesser use of full CF/Alloy units would probably shoot up the price but imo would make it have more appeal. I highly doubt the PB3 would get any cheaper so if I'm going to pay that much, there better be a good chunk of premium material. It's a C-Six/PB hybrid I guess.

Back