• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are X-Metals losing their values? New X-Squared

rmontez

I am Jim Jannard...
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Wisconsin
I was going to post this in the New X-Metals section but I wanted to get your thoughts on if you feel X-Metals are losing their value? The reason I ask this question is because the "new generation" of Oakley fanatics may not even know what true X-Metals are. I know I have tried to get my kids into X-Metals but I have not had much luck. Today I picked these X-Squared up at a very good price and it seems strange no one grabbed them since they were posted for over 2 weeks. When I got there the guy was a middle aged guy like myself and it just made me laugh two old guys buying and selling sun glasses in a gas station parking lot. Even in the classified section it seems like members are ready to jump all over anyone that posts something too high yet a pair of Romeo 1's sit at $500 and no one is interested. I just wonder if the over all desire to own X-Metals is dying with middle age men and women? Any thoughts?

These are what I picked up today.

43B4BB68-0EDE-4CEB-8639-6DDF6930F458_zpssib6bseb.jpg

139869D8-3DF6-4A92-8C60-CAB45744D710_zpsvg8qgtfi.jpg

I gave my son my small cube in hopes it would help him want to start collecting and this is what he does to it.

3C497DBE-60DE-4215-A807-16DB6DFC81FE_zpsz4gziin5.jpg

I was going to post this in the New X-Metals section but I wanted to get your thoughts on if you feel X-Metals are losing their value? The reason I ask this question is because the "new generation" of Oakley fanatics may not even know what true X-Metals are. I know I have tried to get my kids into X-Metals but I have not had much luck. Today I picked these X-Squared up at a very good price and it seems strange no one grabbed them since they were posted for over 2 weeks. When I got there the guy was a middle aged guy like myself and it just made me laugh two old guys buying and selling sun glasses in a gas station parking lot. Even in the classified section it seems like members are ready to jump all over anyone that posts something too high yet a pair of Romeo 1's sit at $500 and no one is interested. I just wonder if the over all desire to own X-Metals is dying with middle age men and women? Any thoughts?

These are what I picked up today.

43B4BB68-0EDE-4CEB-8639-6DDF6930F458_zpssib6bseb.jpg

139869D8-3DF6-4A92-8C60-CAB45744D710_zpsvg8qgtfi.jpg

I gave my son my small cube in hopes it would help him want to start collecting and this is what he does to it.

3C497DBE-60DE-4215-A807-16DB6DFC81FE_zpsz4gziin5.jpg

Seems like the contrary, actually - XS were around $400 about a year and a half ago and are now pushing $600. XX plasma just sold was listed for $950. Juliets seem pretty steady and Half-X continues to be a black sheep, but overall the trend seems to be going up in value lately.

These things are cyclical, though...

what did you get the XS For? and where do you live so i can hit up the CL lol.

never-mind, i found it. not too many Oakley in that area at all. and the price was fair. you might have gotten it for less than advertised though. The last time I bought that pair, it was for $340 for a used pair. then before that , $220 for another used pair, with a vault only, then the very first one, $270 straight from the o-store before they stopped carrying them. Def. a deal @ $475 but you wont see that often. I think there is also a trend for certain models. last year everyone wanted the carbon polished ichiro juliet. this year, a fair price new one is still sitting lonely.

Last edited by a moderator:
These go In cycles a metal is hot for a while mostly because a high price is gotten for one and then after a bit Market floods. The prices drop and the next one takes its place. A few months ago if I ask someone to trade a x squared for a penny I would have gotten crap for it now it's the other way around . The next gen of collectors have take.. A shine to x squared..also plasma x xx and penny copper have gone up quite a bit

@dragonvoi I ended up getting them for $400. My first offer was $400, I should have went lower! lol. They have only been worn once and were too tight on the guys head. I asked if he had any interest and he said he had a lot but no one wanted to drive to get them and he didn't seem interested in shipping them. I didn't want to buy them I just got tired of seeing them sit there at that price. lol. I know what you mean @dingo ate my baby I just wonder how much longer people will want to collect or pay the high prices? We have all seen how fast people burn out after dropping a lot of cash. I have been there myself and am just starting to get back in a little at a time.

They may not be losing value, though pairs seem to sit longer as of late. In my opinion I've seen several 'heavy hitters' bow out of the game. Once your collection hits a certain point and you consider its cash value some seem cash out and move on.

@dragonvoi I ended up getting them for $400. My first offer was $400, I should have went lower! lol. They have only been worn once and were too tight on the guys head. I asked if he had any interest and he said he had a lot but no one wanted to drive to get them and he didn't seem interested in shipping them. I didn't want to buy them I just got tired of seeing them sit there at that price. lol. I know what you mean @dingo ate my baby I just wonder how much longer people will want to collect or pay the high prices? We have all seen how fast people burn out after dropping a lot of cash. I have been there myself and am just starting to get back in a little at a time.
Good deal could pull 500 out of them right now.

They may not be losing value, though pairs seem to sit longer as of late. In my opinion I've seen several 'heavy hitters' bow out of the game. Once your collection hits a certain point and you consider its cash value some seem cash out and move on.
Lot of people do that and another one takes there place it just how it is

Those heavy hitters..... a few grand slams....then they hurt their arms and go home crying. :rofl:

Back