• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Are X-Metals losing their values? New X-Squared

Personally, I'm not middle aged, at least not yet, haha! Got into metals after the first xmen movie. I've misplaced my collection from college which had some nice pieces. Now I've started a new collection. I wear them because they look bad @$$ compared to the crap the kids are wearing now and can take a beating. Every scar on my glasses tells a story, gives them character and personality. I don't care if they become worthless. All that matters to me is that I feel like the damn terminator when I put on a pair of xmetals :)

It just seems to me like many don't know what they are and just think they're average Oakleys. This case is proven by the amount of "steals" being done. I was actually browsing CL and I'm meeting a guy Wednesday who only wants $220 for some supposedly nice Plasma/Emerald Juliet's. In my eyes there's almost 3 different market ranges: those who know, those who don't know, and eBay. Lol

SERIOUSLY the only ones that are over pricing them are the members here and of course ebay who else??. Sorry not trying to offend anyone just stating the obvious, but I really I do agree in the near future ones it looses popularity it will eventually de-valuates. Middle age men will still dig it lol no doubt, but new gens don't really care for it.

SERIOUSLY the only ones that are over pricing them are the members here and of course ebay who else??. Sorry not trying to offend anyone just stating the obvious, but I really I do agree in the near future ones it looses popularity it will eventually de-valuates. Middle age men will still dig it lol no doubt, but new gens don't really care for it.
i'm new gen-ish and I dig 'em!

Damn I sold a BN pair of plasma X Squared to Dallas last Thanksgiving for 375.00 no wonder he jumped on it....
XS Weren't complete first off and I didn't sell for $625 lol. Second, some will increase due to rarity. There will always be Oakley forums and we know the frames will last. We didn't expect stuff from the 70s and 80s to make it

Back