• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Artist Series

This might make people mad but just my opinion

Not to offend anyone but I believe that most consider Petterson, Flores, c100 gascans, and other loosely tied to the series as indeed artist series. Anyone serious about collecting would have them in there collection anyway as they fit into a category within the art world. Fu%^ what Oakley states about them as their marketing is bogus anyway....I really know artwork and I was a fan of many of these artists before they had sunglasses from Oakley.....These artist have done collaborations with each other and just because marketing has them split in the collector world I still know they are fine artists which is the foundation of why they even call them artist series

how can you really say that a hand painted pair by a well known artist,advertised as AS, release to the public in stores is not part of the series, its a little funny when you stand back from the chaos and really think about it...This is an argument of what is official, the confusion only makes them more collectible, and being sought after which is the definition of a collection. Do people agree?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

No i dont agree because there is only one of each but to each their own. We can agree to disagree.

This is a hand painted hijinx of which there are only 2-3 but since it was done by an artist i guess u gotta include it too...nonsense!

The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing

Youd also have to include the handpainted frogs in the beyond reason kits too...the list goes on and on. Theyre not standard releases.

Why does no one collect the 2nd Caia Koopman? Done by an artist, great design. sells on steepandcheap for $55..
Not considered artist series (and it isnt) because oakley didnt call it artist series.

Why does no one collect the 2nd Caia Koopman? Done by an artist, great design. sells on steepandcheap for $55..
Not considered artist series (and it isnt) because oakley didnt call it artist series.

yup that's the exact reason y it's not part of the list majority of folks use. coz it was clearly stated as a Signature Series pair. =)

Besides Jono, I reckon I am the next other guy 1 degree above the equator that has completed all 17 (including Robert Williams Dispatch, but less any AP frogs). I am parting with them now though, keeping only the 2 DFs, CK's Ravishing, Mambo Antix and RW Dispatch. Check out my thread in the sale/exchange folder.

This is a hand painted hijinx of which there are only 2-3 but since it was done by an artist i guess u gotta include it too...nonsense!

The Oakley Review - Catalogue Listing

You also have to include the handpainted frogs in the beyond reason kits too...the list goes on and on. Theyre not standard releases.

I had a chance to buy these, they are prototypes for the flying tigers part of the military inspired, no way connect to artist series so that is non-sense.

I think you guys are TOTALLY missing the point of why the AP are considered part of the extended line up or the reasons behind adding such items to our collection. AP are advertised as part of the AS and simply saying because they are hand crafted is a poor argument in my opinion. I think a few people just don't like that others think that there collection is incomplete..... I felt the same way when I did not have them but I got them to put the cherry on top of my "complete AS"

Sorry guys, but many of us will think that AP is part of a complete collection....At least most of the people I know as major collectors, but they are too smart to weigh in on this subject..lol but after talking to a few they just don't care either way.

Let the next circle of arguments continue.

Oh,I talked to Caia about a week ago. She never even knew the differance between artist series and signature series, she thought they were the same thing....lol

Oakley Artist Series sunglasses - Artist Collaboration Collectors Editions from Us

^Here is the list of official "artist collaboration edition from Oakley", Ya they call them that too..lol. everything else is not considered part of it according to this "Offical" list BY OAKLEY. The rest is up to the individual collector and moves to an extended list based on over seas releases, other events, and original product listing. You collect official or extended and there is no official extended.. Flores, C100 gascan,WITK?, AP frogs, and Foose are all extended for obvious reasons.

Discussion is basically over....
"As Artist Series Editions, every sunglass comes with a matching box and MICROCLEAR™ bag. Only 100 of these editions have been reserved for online availability"

^There goes Flores, C100 gascans, WITK? and AP frogs. Art Chantry are the first pair of 'OFFICIAL"AS which is the argument I have been making since the beginning. WITK? is a special release just like AP,Flores,C100, and so on...

Does anyone known production # of the single bird vs double bird Todd Francis Eyepatch? I heard the 2
Bird is more rare and the single bird to be more common. Can someone please share their thoughts regarding this?

My Oakley artist collection
1353874332.jpg

Back