• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Artist Series..

What about the Caia Koopman Forsake? Isn't that one too?

No, that is not an artist series pair. There are several that are marketed as special editions, limited editions, etc. However, there are only that are actually part of the artist series line. There are the Petterson Frogskins in which he handpainted 50 each with a unique design. Jonoyong has one, but there are only one of each so I don't consider it part of the series since only one person could have them (or 50 total). It's just like the Troy Lee Designs stuff. He's an artist, the love/hate Fuel Cells and Pistonbone Fuel Cells are awesome works of art on glasses, but they are not part of the artist series. They are limited editions.

I believe Oakleynerd still has a pair for sale....

Ya, I have had 7 total. Some frown on it, but I had a hookup with them and was able to make some trades and sells to finance other purchases. I still have two and won't let them go....EVER!

Nice! Yea that's what I'm aiming for, 16 ain't so bad, was worried there was gonna be 30 odd.ha. What's the rarest then? Or what's gonna hurt my wallet the most? Ive seen most of those while on eBay, sunglass sites etc, but I haven't seen the whoisthiskid? Before, they look pretty funky go for those next methinks. Thanks for the quick respone aswell

You will probably pay the most for the two Flores pairs. There are 100 of the brown and rumored to be about 50-100 blue due to recall. Next expensive will probably be the Whoisthiskid? with only 300 produced. The next higher end are the C100 Gascan (500 made) and the Mambo Antix (3000 made). For some reason, the Mambo seems to be a little more difficult to find and thus more expensive. Don't pay stupid prices for the Mambo. They are sometimes 500-600 on ebay. Look around and you could snag one for around 300 at one point. I got mine brand new in box for 145.00 :D!

What a bad ass answer to that question. Wow. Couldn't find this kind of info or pics on google. That is why I love this forum.

Thank you. Artist series and limited pairs are my specialty :D!

Do the AP frogs count?

Just saw your post. Some would say it does, some say it doesn't. Personally, even if I had one, I would say they don't count because there are 50 unique frames. None of them are the same, therefore they were not mass produced and not made available to the public as a whole. It'd be nice to own one, but how could they be? There are only one of each pair.

Awesome info people, much appreciated, I get paid at the end of the month so depending wethere there's any higher end stuff on the bay or on here or elsewhere for a reasonable price I'll either get one high end piece or 2 or 3 basics, looks like its gonna run me about the same price...quest started..wish me luck

Great information BAPD. Easiest to find on line here in the UK from shops are Kozik, Pimple, C100 (Jupiter). Donwood & Barras. But look around as there price does vary quite alot. Good luck in you quest hollygrove:cool:

I can give you a brief "hopefor price" of each pair if you'd like...

Great information BAPD. Easiest to find on line here in the UK from shops are Kozik, Pimple, C100 (Jupiter). Donwood & Barras. But look around as there price does vary quite alot. Good luck in you quest hollygrove:cool:

Thanks. There is a lot of info on the forums and also on O Review if you guys have never tried that site out. I don't know a lot about X metals or vintage, but my Oakley collecting has been primarily square O, artist series, limited stuff and special editions as well as custom.

I collected in the 90s and sold off in early 2000, but since I've been back, the bulk of my stuff is that type of stuff from 2000-Newer.

Latest Posts

Back