• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Asian Fit Differences Between Models?

It's best to go to the Oakley store and ask an employee who's been there for a while. The website makes it sound like the frame and stem curvature are different, but for Pit Bull, the employee said it's just a nose piece that sticks out more.

Thanks everyone! I was hoping to have one thread which would give the info people looking for Asian Fit glasses all the info they need. I have a hard time fitting most Oakley glasses and have been searching for a new pair. Having a small nose bridge and large ears sucks. I'm so glad Oakley started making glasses for us hard to fit faces.

Go here: Oakley Asian Fit Sunglasses and Goggles | Us and make sure you click on the three tabs for Nose-Bridge, Stems, and Frames. That describes the basics. Different models have different variations to accommodate asian facial architecture. I believe the OP was asking if there was a published synopsis/matrix/table/graph that would describe which changes were made to what models so it could be in a single central depository for reference.

I think the Oakley website is a little outdated, at least in terms of the differences between Asian fit and non-Asian fit glasses in their newer models. I have an Asian fit fast jacket and a non-Asian fit fast jacket. The only difference between the two is that the Asian fit version shipped with the larger nose bombs already installed. To clarify, the frames are identical and they both came with the same two different sized nose bombs. However, the standard fast jacket had the small nose bombs installed while the Asian fit had the larger ones. Is that really a big enough difference to call one Asian fit? Anyone with a fast jacket can turn theirs into an Asian fit fast jacket in 10 seconds. At least with the straight jacket the Asian fit version shipped with larger nose bombs that didn't come with the standard version.

I don't understand why Oakley doesn't get rid of the Asian fit line when there's literally no difference between the two in their newer models. I guess marketing is at work?

I think the Oakley website is a little outdated, at least in terms of the differences between Asian fit and non-Asian fit glasses in their newer models. I have an Asian fit fast jacket and a non-Asian fit fast jacket. The only difference between the two is that the Asian fit version shipped with the larger nose bombs already installed. To clarify, the frames are identical and they both came with the same two different sized nose bombs. However, the standard fast jacket had the small nose bombs installed while the Asian fit had the larger ones. Is that really a big enough difference to call one Asian fit? Anyone with a fast jacket can turn theirs into an Asian fit fast jacket in 10 seconds. At least with the straight jacket the Asian fit version shipped with larger nose bombs that didn't come with the standard version.

I don't understand why Oakley doesn't get rid of the Asian fit line when there's literally no difference between the two in their newer models. I guess marketing is at work?

That's what I was told but I couldn't prove it, so thanks for verifying it. I have a prescription pair of "asian fit" Fasts on order but you got yours first.

the difference between nose pads on SJ's is much bigger-and as I discovered on older Grey Smoke s are NOT interchangeable.. also the front of Asian Fit Flaks is not the same its flatter and they are wider by a hair My VR50 gold were wider and far less snug than non asian fit even tho I needed the bigger pads....

OK I'm new here so can some one answer a question regarding lenses with Asian fits I have a pair of radar paths Asian fit and want to get some prescription lens for them will I have to order special lenses or will base radar lenses fit in the frame? Thanks I'm advance

OK I'm new here so can some one answer a question regarding lenses with Asian fits I have a pair of radar paths Asian fit and want to get some prescription lens for them will I have to order special lenses or will base radar lenses fit in the frame? Thanks I'm advance

the prescription radars already have to be special ordered so i am confused by your question. there is the sheild that has the spots to hold the prescription and then the prescription is put into those holes.

I guess my question is is the curvature the same btn radar path regular and Asian fit I'm sorta in btn both with regards to fit so would they be interchangeable

Latest Posts

Back