• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asian Fit Flaks

Redcoat

Oakley Beginner
So with all the confusion on asian fit flak jackets and what exactly constitutes that fit, I spoke with two different reps in Cali today. They both confirmed that the frame was the same, except for the nosebridge which is smaller onAsian fit. Two size nose bombs also come with them.
So, can anyone confirm this? I love the flak jackets but I have a super small nose bridge and very narrow face. Even with the large nose bombs on the standard fit, my eyelashes still touch. Wondering if the asian fit might work for me. Any thoughts??

The frame is NOT the same. I don't know why reps keep telling people that. The Asian fit is considerably wider.

to my recollection similar- I use the large nose pieces anyway but I have a rather small -med head and did not like how much wider they were altho I swear not ALL Asian fit are wider... but the different ones I tried could have been mismarked.. like the MPH SJ's and Flaks that say bronze lens on label but all have grey lenses in reality Mynose bridge is very thin so US fit with large pads is what I need...I'd try em first if u can

If I remember correctly, the frame does not have the same curvature as a normal frame. I don't know the actual specs, but that's definitely there. The nose bridge is a little tighter, and the nose bombs are just the large set, which you can get with any frame if needed. There is definitely a difference though. I own two pairs of Splice's. One is the Japanese edition, which fits me perfectly, and I also have another that unfortunately sits too close to my face and my eyelashes end up hitting the lens. Nothing is different aside from the curvature I believe, and it is very subtle on those. Best of luck!

The Flak frames are
The frame is NOT the same. I don't know why reps keep telling people that. The Asian fit is considerably wider.
This is definitely true on Gascan and Radar models, but I'm pretty sure the AF Flak is identical to standard. The main difference is the nose pads (of which you also get standard size included with AF pairs). The lenses are interchangeable, and the frames look the same to me. I'm not using a micrometer or anything, but if you lay the pairs side to side, you would be hard pressed to find any difference.

The Flak frames are

This is definitely true on Gascan and Radar models, but I'm pretty sure the AF Flak is identical to standard. The main difference is the nose pads (of which you also get standard size included with AF pairs). The lenses are interchangeable, and the frames look the same to me. I'm not using a micrometer or anything, but if you lay the pairs side to side, you would be hard pressed to find any difference.

I just returned a pair of Asian fit Flak XLJ and I can confirm that the frame is indeed 'flatter and wider' than the regular Flak XLJ (and I believe that the nose bridge was narrower as well).

I returned then because I didn't like the way they looked with my face shape.

Latest Posts

Back