• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asian Fit vs Normal Fit - Design Differences?

pingmonster

Oakley Beginner
Hi..
Just wondering if anyone has Asian Fit style sunny.
IS it any difference in look and feel?
What I have heard so far is the nose piece. (little higher up or thicker)
And why is it hard to get.

The difference varies across models. Some are nose piece differences (some of the O matter frames come to mind but forgot which one) and some are completely different with lens and frame (eg. Badman). It is very different in feel more so than look (especially if worn). Asian fit generally accommodate wider & flatter faces than traditional standard fit frames.

It's harder to get because the market segment of Oakley wearers predominantly have non-Asian fit requirements

It's harder to get because the market segment of Oakley wearers predominantly have non-Asian fit requirements

I find this interesting to read because here in Korea, since it's in Asia, Asian fit models are quite substantial in number. I wouldn't say it's predominant, but there's definitely a wider range to choose from compared to what I see in the US Oakley online store.

In fact, some lineups like the Halflink are only available in Asian fit here, so people who want a non-Asian fit need to pay extra to import a pair from abroad, and also potentially deal with issues regarding warranty coverage.

It all comes down to the distributors in the regions/countries. I know Australia has very limited range whereas in Japan, Hong Kong and China it's relatively got more AF models to choose from than the standard models.

Holy.....
Just been to Korean online Oakley...they have nothing but Asian Fit.
I just need to figure out how to get it from there...

Your only option might be a freight forwarding service of some shape or kind.

You also have to keep in mind that even with the same model, there can be substantial price disparities among nations. For example, a pair of photochromic Radarlock Paths costs $400 retail, or $440 after 10% tax here in Korea. The same model (albeit non-Asian Fit) costs $300 on the US Oakley website before taxes.

And then there is the possible issue regarding warranty. I have no idea whether Oakley does global warranty or not, so you'll have to look that up as well - whether Oakley in your home country will honor warranty for a pair you bought abroad.

Jupiter Squared LX (...or Asian Fit) looks cheaper compared to the regular Jupiter Squared. The metal hinges in LX feels cheap.

Back