• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ask All Members For Help To Make A Choice For XM XX Color Combo

Your favourite X-Metal XX color combo

• Fire lenses + orange rubbers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
i should be getting ready for work...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415033937.500223.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415033955.496063.jpg

Right now I'd have to go with the Emerald camp. But in general I believe that, though x-metal goes with everything, the contrast between that finish and colored lenses is more attractive than something more neutral like BI and similar.

Regarding rubber color, matching the color of the rubber to the color of the lens can be hit-or-miss, IMO. If the shades are a bit off, it doesn't really jell as well. For example, I matched LG blue with Ice to make a pair differentiate more from a similar pair with BIP, but the shade is just a hint too light and I think OEM black is actually the better combo. (Part of the issue may be that it's a plasma frame and maybe with carbon it would work better).

But if you want to do something other than black rubbers, white is a good choice - like black, it goes with pretty much any lens color plus it adds a little more "pop"...

Oh yeah BTW, though Ruby certainly is a classic combo, it's a bit overdone IMO; you could put them in and they'd just be yet one more pair of great-looking x-metal / ruby, if that's what you want. But putting in a less common color stands out from the pack better. And I believe standing out from the pack is one of the reasons to go with Oakley in the first place...

Back