1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. slamriffer

slamriffer Oakley Expert

Own a pair of XM XX (xmetal frame+BI lenses) and want modify them (another lenses+rubber set). What do you advise?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. MachineHead

MachineHead Oakley Enthusiast

ruby ruby ruby ruby :)

Redcoat, slamriffer and mjt42 like this.
  3. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

that color is a must have. but, I have emeralds in my xmetal juliets and am using that a lot too!

Redcoat, MachineHead and slamriffer like this.
  4. MachineHead

boooo. GO RUBY! lol.
    I should have bought some emeralds for my polished xs when I had the chance :(

Redcoat likes this.
  5. dragonvoi

lol ruby looks good to look at. not to look through... go emerald hehehe

6. dragonvoi

i should be getting ready for work...

Ask All Members For Help To Make A Choice For XM XX Color Combo - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415033937.500223.jpg
    Ask All Members For Help To Make A Choice For XM XX Color Combo - ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415033955.496063.jpg

Vrexx, Krank, Rays and 1 other person like this.
  7. MachineHead

QLR1, thisguy and slamriffer like this.
  8. slamriffer

slamriffer Oakley Expert

Damn money...

QLR1 and MachineHead like this.
  9. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Right now I'd have to go with the Emerald camp. But in general I believe that, though x-metal goes with everything, the contrast between that finish and colored lenses is more attractive than something more neutral like BI and similar.

Regarding rubber color, matching the color of the rubber to the color of the lens can be hit-or-miss, IMO. If the shades are a bit off, it doesn't really jell as well. For example, I matched LG blue with Ice to make a pair differentiate more from a similar pair with BIP, but the shade is just a hint too light and I think OEM black is actually the better combo. (Part of the issue may be that it's a plasma frame and maybe with carbon it would work better).

But if you want to do something other than black rubbers, white is a good choice - like black, it goes with pretty much any lens color plus it adds a little more "pop"...

slamriffer likes this.
  10. kronin323

kronin323 Font of Useless Knowledge Premium Member

Oh yeah BTW, though Ruby certainly is a classic combo, it's a bit overdone IMO; you could put them in and they'd just be yet one more pair of great-looking x-metal / ruby, if that's what you want. But putting in a less common color stands out from the pack better. And I believe standing out from the pack is one of the reasons to go with Oakley in the first place...

slamriffer likes this.