• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Asking for invoices instead of sending payments

X-Metal Beast

Premium Member
Lifetime Member
After the bad experience that I went through, and due to othe fact that anyone posting a sale in the exchange can then go and change the information in it (like the seller did), I have decided that if I make any purchases I will be asking for invoices with detailed descriptions of the items that I purchase. And of course I will not mind doing the same for people who request invoices when I sell something. I hope that they figure out how to freeze the sale threads after a deal is done so nothing can be changed in it aftewards.

ALWAYS use G&S. Enough headache going through the refund process even when using G&S; not worth going through a dispute where the buyer has no protection.

Last edited:
I always ask the Seller for a PayPal invoice. I usually receive a payment request instead.
The main sticking point seems to be that you can't send an Invoice from PayPal's mobile app -- you have to use the PayPal website.
Sadly, with PayPal's current design, it can be difficult to tell whether a payment request you have received is a request for a G&S payment or a request for an F&F payment.
With an invoice, the type of payment is clear, and both parties get a chance to double-check the details of the transaction. But the Seller has to use PayPal's website, not their mobile app, to send an invoice.

Over the past year or so there have been several attempts to regulate or over regulate this process. Some have stuck, but the majority have not, because its just not a process that can be regulated. Putting rules and regulations on this type of process, just bogs it down to the point that nobody wants to participate any more, as there will always be a new, easier process somewhere else. In the end, there is an inherent risk / reward when purchasing or selling in an environment such as this. Due diligence must be done on both sides. There will never be a way to know that what your are buying will be as advertised. The pics could be of something totally different, the condition can be exaggerated. I have shipped things with no payment at all, to let the buyer evaluate before they pay, but that is a huge risk on my part. In the end to each his or her own in how they want to deal with buying and selling. My feeling is it comes down to Caveat Emptor when dealing in used goods. Most people are honest and you get exactly what you pay for because, we are all taking the same risk at one time or another. Unfortunately you get the few shysters who are in it for a quick buck and sometimes you get burned. I know this Invoice thing is a personal thing you are doing and that's cool if that's what you want to do. Just hoping the forum bosses and admins will not attempt to put further restrictions or regulations on the buy/sell/trade, rules as they have in the past. In the end if a person wants to do a deal outside of those restraints, it will be done. I have seen forums like this one get destroyed with over regulation of such things. #2cents

I don't buy from anyone who I don't believe is an active member...

I post whore the heck out of this place and if I see a seller that isn't active, I disregard any item he is selling...I don't care if he's selling 5 XX's for $250, I won't do business with anyone that doesn't care to be an active member in this community...

That has kept me from getting RAPTURED on this forum....

The Wife does a fair amount of Paypal transactions in some groups she's involved with. With them, sending invoices is the standard procedure, sellers always send invoices to the buyer. We just seem to do it backwards here.

But for me it's not really a big deal. What's important is paying G&S instead of F&F. If I'm making a payment and I want to ensure details of the item are recorded, I'll input those details in the comments section of the payment, describing what the payment is for as specifically as I care to. I assume that works just as well as invoice details but luckily I haven't had the opportunity to test it.