• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals

MaK

Oakley Beginner
Spain
I have found recently a pair of juliets on an online store at a decent price. They have them listed as 004011 Juliet TitaniumVR28, and this was the pic on the store.

oakley-juliet-sunglasses-profile_zps3b5ca1f4.jpg

Since they look to me as a plasma frame with fire or ruby lenses, I requested some pictures to the seller, and these are thepics he sent me :

2012-06-27_103108_1_zps2022f6ca.jpg
oakley_titanium_zps74967a48.jpg

It seems like a Tio2 frame with VR28 lenses, but I thought that TiO2 frames were only available on XX frames.

Do you know whether Juiets were available on this configuration?

Those two pics are different frames. One tio and one plasma it looks like. Lok at the nose bridge....
But yes there are juliet tio2

Looks dodgy sending you different photos plus the posted pic was for a plasma fire. Hmm. If the price is too good to be true, might as well keep out of it. Ask him if he can send you the actual photo of the article on stock.

Yeah, pics 2 and 3 are not the same frame.
Sounds shady to me.
As salj838 said ask for pics of the exact pair you are looking to buy, I'd even ask for a pic of him wearing them.

Many thanks,
Yes, I also noticed that one of the pics seems to be from a plasma frame (and loos like it have a ding on the upper section) while the other seems to be from a Tio2 frame. I don't know whether they have picked up the pics from the net or what, anyways I have requested the to check what is the info on the boxl abel to be sure.

Request some specific pictures just to get an idea. The serial should give you an idea, and some random pics should keep the seller honest and the buyer knowledgeable.

the third pic seems to be a titanium/gold, not plasma, so actually 3 different juliets lol.... stay away from that

Finally the seller answered that the right pics were "those of the dark nose bridge",which according to the box were Xmetal/Gold Iridum :twitch: , that the glasses had been sitting on a shelf since he entered working in the shop and that he was no expert in oakley and did not have any idea about the sku number I was asking for, but that since they were a deadstock/discontinued pair he was allowed to let them go for 175 including express shipping and paypal fees, and that of course I would have a 10 days full refundperiod in case I did not like them. So I purchased them, and this is what the mailman left at my doorstep this morning:

P1020328_zpsda98287f.jpg

Ok,so finally they are xmetal with gold lenses,

P1020329_zps07602fd7.jpg

No wait, maybe they are titanium with VR28

P1020330_zps6d7974c6.jpg

Finally,TiO2 with VR28 black Iridium!!

P1020331_zpsaeebd2fc.jpg

P1020335_zpsd88bfe8b.jpg

According to the serial number they are a first gen TiO2, socertainly they have been at the shelf for a while

P1020333_zps988ed8b7.jpg

The crappy pic doesn't show it but nosebridge replacement rubbers are of a beautiful brown color

33eed29d-46b2-41d4-b46f-950db16d172d_zps5de8fddf.jpg

so finally I am more than happy with may latest purchase, many thanks to all of you guys for the assistance.

Latest Posts

Back