1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. MaK

MaK Oakley Beginner

I have found recently a pair of juliets on an online store at a decent price. They have them listed as 004011 Juliet TitaniumVR28, and this was the pic on the store.

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - oakley-juliet-sunglasses-profile_zps3b5ca1f4.jpg

Since they look to me as a plasma frame with fire or ruby lenses, I requested some pictures to the seller, and these are thepics he sent me :

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - 2012-06-27_103108_1_zps2022f6ca.jpg
    Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - oakley_titanium_zps74967a48.jpg

It seems like a Tio2 frame with VR28 lenses, but I thought that TiO2 frames were only available on XX frames.

Do you know whether Juiets were available on this configuration?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Gecko

Gecko Oakley Collector Premium Member

Those two pics are different frames. One tio and one plasma it looks like. Lok at the nose bridge....
    But yes there are juliet tio2

3. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Looks dodgy sending you different photos plus the posted pic was for a plasma fire. Hmm. If the price is too good to be true, might as well keep out of it. Ask him if he can send you the actual photo of the article on stock.

4. Cargo

Cargo JFL lover

Yeah, pics 2 and 3 are not the same frame.
    Sounds shady to me.
    As salj838 said ask for pics of the exact pair you are looking to buy, I'd even ask for a pic of him wearing them.

5. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Hmmmmm online store????? They both look used to me just based on the pics.

6. MaK

MaK Oakley Beginner

Many thanks,
    Yes, I also noticed that one of the pics seems to be from a plasma frame (and loos like it have a ding on the upper section) while the other seems to be from a Tio2 frame. I don't know whether they have picked up the pics from the net or what, anyways I have requested the to check what is the info on the boxl abel to be sure.

7. nlgrav182

nlgrav182 Oakley Enthusiast

Request some specific pictures just to get an idea. The serial should give you an idea, and some random pics should keep the seller honest and the buyer knowledgeable.

8. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

the third pic seems to be a titanium/gold, not plasma, so actually 3 different juliets lol.... stay away from that

9. MaK

MaK Oakley Beginner

Finally the seller answered that the right pics were "those of the dark nose bridge",which according to the box were Xmetal/Gold Iridum :twitch: , that the glasses had been sitting on a shelf since he entered working in the shop and that he was no expert in oakley and did not have any idea about the sku number I was asking for, but that since they were a deadstock/discontinued pair he was allowed to let them go for 175 including express shipping and paypal fees, and that of course I would have a 10 days full refundperiod in case I did not like them. So I purchased them, and this is what the mailman left at my doorstep this morning:

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - P1020328_zpsda98287f.jpg

Ok,so finally they are xmetal with gold lenses,

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - P1020329_zps07602fd7.jpg

No wait, maybe they are titanium with VR28

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - P1020330_zps6d7974c6.jpg

Finally,TiO2 with VR28 black Iridium!!

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - P1020331_zpsaeebd2fc.jpg

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - P1020335_zpsd88bfe8b.jpg

According to the serial number they are a first gen TiO2, socertainly they have been at the shelf for a while

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - P1020333_zps988ed8b7.jpg

The crappy pic doesn't show it but nosebridge replacement rubbers are of a beautiful brown color

Assistance To Identify A Pair Of Xmetals - 33eed29d-46b2-41d4-b46f-950db16d172d_zps5de8fddf.jpg

so finally I am more than happy with may latest purchase, many thanks to all of you guys for the assistance.

10. salj838

salj838 Oakley Enthusiast

Congrats! Good thing after all the trouble all went well! :)