• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Attaching a thread to a conversation

Would you like to be able to attach a reference to a thread when you start a conversation?

• Yes, I would use that feature

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No, I would not use that feature

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Sun & Sand

I should Work at Oakley
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
It would be nice to be able to attach a thread to a conversation, kind of like that way we attach a thread to the feedback we leave in a member's trading profile.
I find that almost every PM I send is inspired by reading a post in a thread. As the conversation evolves, I often want to refer back to the discussion in that thread. Right now I do that by opening a new browser tab on the Forum, searching for the original thread, then switching back and forth between my browser tab for the conversation and the tab for the original thread.
For me it would be easier to have a reference to the original thread saved at the top of the page for the conversation, so that I could just click on the link when I want to go back to the original thread, instead of having to search for that thread every time I want to refer back to it.
Obviously a feature like this is not of critical importance, it would just be a convenience.
Would anybody else find it useful to be able to attach a reference to a thread at the start of a conversation?

It would be nice to be able to attach a thread to a conversation, kind of like that way we attach a thread to the feedback we leave in a member's trading profile.
I find that almost every PM I send is inspired by reading a post in a thread. As the conversation evolves, I often want to refer back to the discussion in that thread. Right now I do that by opening a new browser tab on the Forum, searching for the original thread, then switching back and forth between my browser tab for the conversation and the tab for the original thread.
For me it would be easier to have a reference to the original thread saved at the top of the page for the conversation, so that I could just click on the link when I want to go back to the original thread, instead of having to search for that thread every time I want to refer back to it.
Obviously a feature like this is not of critical importance, it would just be a convenience.
Would anybody else find it useful to be able to attach a reference to a thread at the start of a conversation?

Why not just copy and paste the thread URL into a PM post?

I understand you'd have to redo that for each page or go back to the page with the relevant URL post i.e. it wouldn't persist at the top across all pages but otherwise it'd suit your purposes.

Another option would be to bookmark the URL. Then you could find it again without searching.

I understand you'd have to redo that for each page or go back to the page with the relevant URL post i.e. it wouldn't persist at the top across all pages but otherwise it'd suit your purposes.

Another option would be to bookmark the URL. Then you could find it again without searching.
I like the bookmark option. :)

Yes, copy & paste into the opening PM is what I'm doing now. As you point out, it doesn't persist across the top of every page, but it's better than nothing.
Typically everybody in the conversation refers back to the original thread, so using bookmarks would seem to create redundant effort across all the conversation's participants compared to attaching the thread directly to the conversation somehow.

Latest Posts

Back