• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Back Of Display Case

I don't think the countertops have the option for white plexi. I figure the idea is so customers can see glasses from all sides versus a cabinet that could be placed against a wall to save on space.

This is mine against the wall. It almost looks like i have a white plexi backing on it.

7167790533_468520d2ae_b.jpg

I like Dyeraudio's setup better. His looks less busy. I just have too much stuff going on in mine. So that's why i said earlier that a mirror backing would make it look even more busy. At least it would in my case :smile:

Thanks SpliceD for the comment....That pic was taken awhile back....I've since acquired 3 more X Metals and a Time Bomb Funny Car....I need to do some re-arranging.....I picked up a Black Single from the same guy....it was just the bare frame...I am slowly putting it back together....I am thinking about just having glasses in the Single and accessories in the Double to keep the content down so you can actually see everything I have.....

aefd172e-0c19-b727.jpg

^ epic. can you post closer up shots of each shelf?

Thanks! The picture is already old as i've gotten a few more since i took those, but i posted all the shots here:

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-collections-area/9204-collection-update-6-8-12-a.html

Thanks SpliceD for the comment....That pic was taken awhile back....I've since acquired 3 more X Metals and a Time Bomb Funny Car....I need to do some re-arranging.....I picked up a Black Single from the same guy....it was just the bare frame...I am slowly putting it back together....I am thinking about just having glasses in the Single and accessories in the Double to keep the content down so you can actually see everything I have.....

See, that's what i want to do. I want to pick up a single wide for my wear pairs and keep the double for my shelf whores :smile:

aefd172e-0c19-b727.jpg

Yeah, great set up there, I love the X metal decal, how much did he charge you for that? I think I need one. lol

I think a mirror in the back might not look right like SpliceD said. If there's a lot on the shelfs.
I was thinking about putting a mirror in my double wide. in the back covering only the top and one shelf down. I want to take some measurements and get it to fit over the pegs for the shelfs. At most I'll have to get the shelf depth cut shorter to compensate for the size. Or get new glass shelfs instead. Just something I want to do later this fall when things slow down for me.
I like the mirror on the side but where I put my unit it would block the glasses from site. To only be able to see through the front.

My Dbl and Single both came with 1 mirror side and 1 clear side. I put the mirror on the side that's against the wall.....

Man, all those cases look good. I've decided not to do a mirror. Maybe if I move it so it has a white wall behind it instead of a brown curtain I'll be happy. I need a bigger case too:cool:

What about an aluminum frame? It may suit better on a aluminum tower
6bc460a3-e96b-fee3.jpg

Attachments

• 6bc460a3-e96b-fee3.jpg
    6bc460a3-e96b-fee3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 241
  • 6bc460a3-e96b-fee3.jpg
    6bc460a3-e96b-fee3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 244
Back