• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad buys (downer topic!)

saulsaul

I am Jim Jannard...
Tokyo
Apologies if this has been discussed before but...

Please share your stories of terrible xmetal purchases or trades (but no member names please) By 'terrible' I have this specific definition in mind:

The real thing was different/worse than the seller/traders description.

e.g. 'It was described as LNIB but the nose bridge was rattling and the arms shaking. Seller said 9 out of 10 but I'd give it a 6, if that.'

A subject close to my heart right now. Let's share the pain!

Thanks for the links sensei and I should have read them. I have read them and they are depressing.

I was imagining this as the place to share our sob stories in a spirit of fun and commiseration... But maybe it was a silly idea - being misled is never fun!

Sorry @washi me sensie but the other thread wants me to name names so il post on this thread instead. Both involving ebay and flaks. First said wore once to a baseball game, lenses came looking like it was hit by a baseball,got a refund after a long dispute because the seller accussed me of doing it to the lens not her. Next was a flak with "green polarized lenses" on a SGH exclusive, came with green polarized lenses alright- aftermarket. Didnt get refund because i got what was described.

Man, i have bought soooo many used pairs in the past where sellers describe their lenses as: "maybe a mark, nothing they can see or notice." So for now on, if an eBay seller has any doubts at all that they are not perfect, I expect to have to replace if buying used/pre-owned. Its to bad some people's perception is sooooo far skewed from reality. I think the last pair of Gascans I picked up for a friend on eBay were so bad, I sent them back for a refund, mainly because in the auction they were described as no scratches, and I sent messages back and forth and they said, YES NO MARKS or SCRATCHES 2 more times!

What really pisses me off the most if when you exchange messages back and forth with a seller you just paid, and they assured you they would pack well. But if you are not specific down to a T to use a box, its hit or miss as to whether they choose to send in an envelop! Thinking they are saving money... little do they know, they will get it back and pay shipping back.

x metal ruby on the bay...."barely worn, like new."

arrived like new alright......for a zombie apocalypse pair!!!!
nose was soooo loose, lenses were peeling and had scratches and bubbles.
the only thing decent was the box.

x metal ruby on the bay...."barely worn, like new."

arrived like new alright......for a zombie apocalypse pair!!!!
nose was soooo loose, lenses were peeling and had scratches and bubbles.
the only thing decent was the box.
Sounds like aftermarket lenses... I have some old oakley sunglasses and none have peeled yet. Correct me forum if I am wrong but my understanding was Oakley didn't/ doesnt use film it was all built into the lense. Maybe that's just the iridium?

Sounds like aftermarket lenses... I have some old oakley sunglasses and none have peeled yet. Correct me forum if I am wrong but my understanding was Oakley didn't/ doesnt use film it was all built into the lense. Maybe that's just the iridium?
nope, they were oem. it was just totally used, in contradiction to the claim "barely worn, like new."

I forgot about a plasma pair of juliets I got once... Said OEM everything and then I got them they came in the classic Foakley case and had vented lenses... The frames actually were legit but nothing else was...

Back