• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad buys (downer topic!)

I've had many a pair described as mint/like new, only to find marks everywhere. You win some, you lose some, but people should be far more truthful in their descriptions.

Every time something like that has happened to me with an ebay purchase, I've successfully negotiated a partial refund...

(jinx!)

I have returned most for a full refund without problems and a few I just bit the bullet on, as they're re not purchased at too high a price.

The thing I've started to check is the amount of wiggle/play/movement in Juliet bridges. But the problem is that's so subjective. Like new for some is brand new for others. Slight wiggle for one man is floppy left-right swings for another.

I have returned most for a full refund without problems and a few I just bit the bullet on, as they're re not purchased at too high a price.

That's where I've gotten lucky (and may have jinxed myself by posting this...) - When it's happened I still want the glasses, I just want to be compensated for the difference in value. At least one guy was a d!ck about it before he gave in, but so far none have taken the hard stance of "either keep 'em for the price paid or return them for a refund". In which case I would have just eaten it.

The thing I've started to check is the amount of wiggle/play/movement in Juliet bridges. But the problem is that's so subjective. Like new for some is brand new for others. Slight wiggle for one man is floppy left-right swings for another.

The two times that has happened I negotiated a compromise due to the subjectivity. X-man tuneup is $50, we split the cost down the middle.

Every juliet ive bought i have sent it to @THE X-MAN, i dont have to worry about looseness for awhile.

kronin323 - you sound like an eminently fair and reasonable purchaser and as a result, most people treat you fairly in return. I doff my cap to you, sir.

Latest Posts

Back