• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad buys (downer topic!)

Interesting. If only I was in the US! I'd like to do business with the legendary XMAN but postage from Japan make it uneconomical. I checked with Oakley Japan and they will do a bridge repair for about $33 (at today's rate, usually averaging about $40).

Got some x-metal Juliets recently with BI lenses that were described as being 8/10 but were so scratched as to be unusable.

But they were always intended for custom lenses and I was never going to use what they came with, even if they had been perfect. Plus I must have half a dozen BI and BIP lenses I've pulled from other frames I could have used.

If someone had bought them to wear as is, though, they would have been a bit put out. I didn't mind, the frames are what I wanted and they are fine.

Got some x-metal Juliets recently with BI lenses that were described as being 8/10 but were so scratched as to be unusable.

But they were always intended for custom lenses and I was never going to use what they came with, even if they had been perfect. Plus I must have half a dozen BI and BIP lenses I've pulled from other frames I could have used.

If someone had bought them to wear as is, though, they would have been a bit put out. I didn't mind, the frames are what I wanted and they are fine.
What custom? G30 photo?

Back