• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad Luck

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
I had a wtt thread up and got a response that I was interested in shortly after. After a few PMs between myself and a member I wish to remain nameless, I showed interest in their offer for something to trade with then suddenly they are not responding to PMs.

Fast forward a week or so still no response, so I list it on eBay then get another interested member who will also remain nameless. Again they have something of interest to me and then again not responding to PMs. What the ?

Please note that this is not having a go at either member and I would guess that both members know who they are and fellow members may also figure this out.

I just figure it would be more polite to let the other person in the trade know what's happening rather than stop responding to PMs. Anyone had similar situations or advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

think of it this way, better that your deals did not push through rather than they did and they are not responding if there was a problem. i would love to be in your shoes any day of the week.

Sometimes we forget to go back and it gets moved to bottom of email list...

Yeah, this frustrates me. I make it a point to keep my potential buyers/sellers in the loop and communicate throughout the entire purchase experience. It is frustrating when the good communication is not reciprocated. It's just good business practice. Especially when you are the seller and you have multiple people interested and the first individual stops responding after sending a message that they want to buy and you think you have a deal worked out and all of the sudden you don't receive anymore responses from the buyer. It's just polite to send a simple short message if you changed your mind and are no longer interested so you can move on to the next buyer. I send 2-3 messages after getting no response and then give up and move on.

Yeah, this frustrates me. I make it a point to keep my potential buyers/sellers in the loop and communicate throughout the entire purchase experience. It is frustrating when the good communication is not reciprocated. It's just good business practice. Especially when you are the seller and you have multiple people interested and the first individual stops responding after sending a message that they want to buy and you think you have a deal worked out and all of the sudden you don't receive anymore responses from the buyer. It's just polite to send a simple short message if you changed your mind and are no longer interested so you can move on to the next buyer. I send 2-3 messages after getting no response and then give up and move on.

+1 i have the same experience, but i keep it to myself not to do a deal to that guy in the future...i feel like im totally wasting my time...a seller or a buyer could have avoided this by stating they are busy prior to making communication. easy.

Back