1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DOubleD

DOubleD Oakley Beginner

When I bought my Oakley glasses, the sales person told me that I should not put the glasses on top of my head because the chemicals from the shampoo, gel, and wax that we put in our hair could potentially damage the lenses. Is this true? I put all my glasses(non Oakley ones) on top of my head without any damage to the lenses and this is the first time that I was prohibited from doing so.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yes.

Nobody is prohibiting you from doing it. Just warning you of what could be the consequences of your actions. You can do it if you like but remember you were told what can happen.

motoGP_fanatic, flyer and thisguy like this.
  3. DOubleD

DOubleD Oakley Beginner

ahh copy sir. I'll just follow he said. Dont want to regret it in the end. Thanks

4. Dallas O Hog

Dallas O Hog O.C.D. Oakley Collecting Disorder haha Premium Member Lifetime Member

Ur other ones u may not see the damage but it's there. Greasy lenses or rubbers and peeling of lenses will eventually happen. He is giving advice to prolong the lifespan of ur investment

motoGP_fanatic, SC55 and Duke Nivram like this.
  5. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

This is a hard habit to break... Ugh.

Rusty M, Malv1 and Oaks & Dawgs like this.
  6. Oaks & Dawgs

Oaks & Dawgs Oakley Expert Premium Member

This is why I love the sliver f and the slim case. Slips easily and comfortably into front or back pocket.

7. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Chemicals arent the main reason. The top of your head is wider than the middle, and wearing them on top of your head will at best stretch them out, at worst break them.

motoGP_fanatic and QLR1 like this.
  8. OakleyGuru379

Or you could buy the new Latch, that is, if you don't mind looking like a super-duper pooper-scooper.

9. QLR1

QLR1 DARK SIDE, embraced!

:rofl:

And here am I naively believing Oakley when it says the Latch is for skaters and made by skaters.

10. OakleyGuru379

It WAS made by skaters for skaters. But skaters dress like homeless people, in case you hadnt noticed.

Joshua Hanson and sharjt like this.