• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bad to Put Glasses/Sunglasses on top of your head?

Once a lens is scratched it allows the chemicals in your hair to leech into the lens causing it it eat it away. Thats why mainly females suffer lens problems more. Also to be spot on when manufactured the eyewear is optically perfect, when put on top pf your head stretching tuem out its changing the optical clarity of the lens. Also they will become super loose on. When i would sell eyewear it was just a courtesy comment to help get the best out of the product.

@Litos, we all know you religiously get your Sunday haircut, with that discipline, it is not surprising that you are a neat and tidy person... so I guess the effect is at the utmost minimal to you.

On topic, I simply love my Oakley's and I'm careful with them, so it stays at my face, case, or securely at my fingers at worst.
But it will not be put on top of my head.
oooffff, I'm just afraid to walk into the store or walk from my car into the office having to hold my Xmetals in my hand...

I've done it before, but it's quite annoying lol...

Love the display tier at the desk. That's awesome!
image.jpeg

I got 6 microfiber cloths at my computer desk

I got 4 microfiber cloths on the kitchen table

I got 2 microfiber cloths in my car

I got 3 microfiber cloths at work

In the morning after I park my car in the parking garage, I get outta my car and walk to the office with my glasses on my head...

When I get to my desk, I take my glasses off, clean them and put them on the one-tier stand by my monitor...

When I leave, I put my glasses on my head, walk to my car in the parking garage, get in my car, pull a cloth, clean them and then wear them as I drive home...

You sir, have obviously cornered the microfibre market and have the worst case of O Matter OCD I've ever seen. I'm the same way but far lazier so once a week I simply give mine a 5 minute jacuzzi with a dab of palmolive in my ultrasonic cleaner.

Whenever I leave the house with a pair of sunglasses a large metal vault comes with me. I'm usually the one to put them on the top of my head for convenience but not every pair I have has the ability to do it.

Best practice - on my face or in a vault or in my Spine case at home

Back