• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman - Asian Fit - Polarized?

CDougherty09

Oakley Beginner
I bought a pair of Badman X Ti/ Chrome Iridium glasses on eBay. The listing said Polarized. When they arrived they were Asia fit (not in listing, but model # was, so my error on that). They fit pretty well anyway, but the lens is not etched with "polarized" like the other Polarized Oakleys I own. The label on the Oakley box also does not say "Polarized".

Looking at Oakley's website, it doesn't look like Badman comes in non-polarized. Any idea why it's not etched on the lens?

oo6020-05_Badman_X_Ti-Chrome_Iridium_Polar.jpg
this is the 6020-05 with polarized etching

'

badman no polar.jpg
this is the 6035-03 asian fit which doesn't seem to have any etching and they are not described as being polarized

maybe it's just a querk of the different fitment

Last edited:
Just tried the screen test... did not seem to be polarized. I could clearly see the screen when I turned the glasses counter clockwise. In looking at the Oakley website, I think it's an error there. The "heading" says POLARIZED BADMAN™ (ASIA FIT) but under Lens color on each page it shows:
  • Lens color BLACK IRIDIUM POLARIZED
  • Lens color SAPPHIRE IRIDIUM POLARIZED
  • Lens color CHROME IRIDIUM
Also for price both Black Iridium and Sapphire Iridium Polarized are $400 and the Chrome Iridium is $350. Guess I can call Oakley and see if they can answer definitively.

unfortunately i think the pricing answers the question.
I cannot understand why it's only the asian fit chrome iridium thats not polarized though

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too... and agree about why the Chrome isn't polarized. It actually fits me very well, so if it was polarized I'd be fine, as I only paid $269. However, that's more than I would pay for non-polarized. Hopefully I can return it to the seller and look for a polarized one.

Yeah this was explored already in another thread and concluded that they were non-polar.

Regular badman has base 8 curvature while Asian fit badman has base 6 curvature, i.e. they're flatter.

The best guess is that, though they had chrome polar blanks in base 8 for the regular ones, they only had non-polar chrome blanks in base 6. So instead of making new base 6 chrome polar blanks, they released the Asian fit as non-polar. But that's just speculation.

Well, the good news is the eBay seller will accept the return and I was able to fine the Badman Titanium with Polarized Chrome Iridium Lens OO6020 - 05 from another eBay seller for $295 & free shipping, so $105 off retail and only $20 more than I paid for the non-polarized with shipping.

Latest Posts

Back