• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Badman & Oakley Madman - Review and First Impressions

I give them props on the hinges though. This time it looks and feel solid I was bending them like crazy to the point of breaking them but it survived un like the crappy half x. it will snap.
yeah they feel really solid I just wish they hugged your head a little tighter. They feel like any sudden movement will dislodge them.

The madman makes you look like Morpheus... I haven't tried these out yet but I am leaning towards the Badman. They look good on you as well, but the lenses seem really big...
the madman is good holloween pair lol for sure hardly for daily use no practicality there. The badman well better fit of the two coverage is better but in my case the nose bumps are non existent as it sits on my cheeks. there are no rubber adjustments or nose bumps so its either a fit or no fit. believe my expectations were waaaaaaay low on these I guess it did met that expectations. I was gonna buy em regardless if the materials and feel were premium that alone is not as it feels plasticky for me also I was adjusting the arm rubbers quite often as it becomes easily loose im thinking long term that would be a problem. there are no replacement rubbers for this as of yet so in my opinion long term use the rubbers will loosen and fall off the arms hose were my initial impressions.

so far the only comfortable glasses i could find are big taco (i have a big noggin)...would the badman work for me? just an honest guess would be great!
thanks!

Tried on madmans and badmans at a local sunglass hut for the first time few days ago this week. I have asian geometry, although I do get lucky with some pairs and dont need the "asian fit" as my nose isnt as flat as others. Anyway the badmans hit my cheeks, and they look so bland to me. Madmans fit great, a bit loose for my taste for anything other than walking around/driving. I do like the madmans. The design screams Oakley for sure. If I push the madmans further up my nose, to sit higher on my face, the coverage is sufficent enough, very minimal light leakage.

Quality wise they both feel okay. Of course the price is insane though. I wish they retailed $300 instead of 400 at least. A lot fo people dont like how it has O matter in it. But it reminds me of the original Pit Poss...wasnt that titanium/O matter combination?

Only concern is the spring hinge durabilty. Its good to hear someone tested the hinges and they passed.
I give them props on the hinges though. This time it looks and feel solid I was bending them like crazy to the point of breaking them but it survived un like the crappy half x. it will snap.
But there was also a thread on this forum where someone posted pics of one from supposedly Brazil and it shows the hinge piece broke.....Soooo... too bad, dont be mad, man. | Oakley Forum

Nonetheless, i still like the madman so just ordered a ruby/carbon madman on oakley.com. Cant wait til I receive it. I think I'll only have this one and only pair. Raped my wallet $400+tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
so far the only comfortable glasses i could find are big taco (i have a big noggin)...would the badman work for me? just an honest guess would be great!
thanks!
I think the Badman would probably fit you. I wear a 7 1/2" hat and have a medium sized head and they are a bit loose on me and while on my face the earstems could be opened even further. @QLR1 has a big noggin and I believe he said they fit him well.

Tried on some frames... Had to make a quick exit from an enthusiastic Devin at SGH LOL

I have to say that the Turbine is on my buy list! View attachment 134288 View attachment 134289 View attachment 134290

thanks!

I think the Badman would probably fit you. I wear a 7 1/2" hat and have a medium sized head and they are a bit loose on me and while on my face the earstems could be opened even further. @QLR1 has a big noggin and I believe he said they fit him well.

@lee flannery, check out me in the Badman. Head is huge (size 8 head). The Madman is forgiving as the stems flex some. It should work for you if you like the frame.

Also, I have to say that I like the arms on the Badman. They flex some at the temple allowing for some mercy on the fit. Frame is definitely light, almost like a wires kind of light. I liked that Sapphire in it. But it isn't $400 good.

I have stayed away from the Badman/Madman threads because I wasn't interested, but @GH4AU had to tag me lol

Back