• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman / Madman so far...

I personally don't have a pair, but when I was at a Sunglass Hut, I tried a pair on and wasn't impressed. The quality definitely doesn't justify the asking price imo.

I was thinking of purchasing a pair, and glad I didn't. At the time, I never owned a X-metal. I found the forum to learn and gain any knowledge I could to find my next pair. I was instantly interested in the "true" X-metals, especially the XS.

I was very hesitant to purchase one in the exchange due to never trying on a pair and the prices aren't cheap. I took the leap and purchased a pair of XS and so glad I did. In a short span I have already accumulated 3 pairs and wanting more.

The build quality and durability between the two are not comparable. I'm sure some will be completely satisfied with the Badman/Madman, I'm just glad I chose the path I took. Especially considering the fact I was really interested in them.

Last edited:
If you get a pair of Bad/Mad men you may be impressed and happy you chose Oakley because now you see why the hype and loyalty. Or you may find they are utter dogsh!t and you can't believe anyone would talk these up. I hope the latter hasn't happened too many times and turned what would normally be fans into haters after their introduction to the brand.
If you were introduced to the brand by X-Metals or discovered them shortly after then the "Next Metals" won't really bother you and you'll be able to accept them at face value.
@WILLAW84, you have chosen your path wisely. :hi:

I really just wish the Badman was made of a stronger metal... That's my only gripe. A stronger metal, and I'm happy. I have two Badmen and love the look but I definitely treat them like they're made of a weak metal, because they are. Haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I really just wish the Badman was made of a stronger metal... That's my only gripe. A stronger metal, and I'm happy. I have two Badmen and love the look but I definitely treat them like they're made of a weak metal, because they are. Haha

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
If it uses different metal, it will be likely heavier, taking away a major pro characteristic of Badman.

Sent from my ASUS_T00K using Tapatalk

If it uses different metal, it will be likely heavier, taking away a major pro characteristic of Badman.

It's a major pro, I'll give you that, but the model was marketed as an "X metal" albeit a bit differently than the originals! And one of THE major pros of the originals were the "heft" they had when you held them!
They contradicted themselves on a basic major feature.

It's a major pro, I'll give you that, but the model was marketed as an "X metal" albeit a bit differently than the originals! And one of THE major pros of the originals were the "heft" they had when you held them!
They contradicted themselves on a basic major feature.
Afaik the titanium alloy called x-metal was created to have a material for frames that will be strong but light enough to weigh to be comparable to weight of a plastic frame. Succeed in being strong but a bit tad short in hitting the weight target. XS earstem is the thinnest and shortest, and it only able to achieve the weight of juliet. The half rim frame were lighter and achieve the weight target but the time it were introduce it got some serious criticism same with XS (Romeo 2 more because of its name, Half X because of the full front structure).

Afaik the titanium alloy called x-metal was created to have a material for frames that will be strong but light enough to weigh to be comparable to weight of a plastic frame

I don't think that's actually the case. Titanium will never compete with plastic frames for weight. It's just physically impossible. The blend of the the X-metal titanium alloy was chosen so it can take the sculptural design better.

Back