• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman Prizm or Sapphire?

Oakleyfan09

Oakley Beginner
Hey everyone, I'm debating on purchasing either the Badman with Prizm or with Sapphire lenses. What would everyone recommened, especially those that may have both pairs?

Hey everyone, I'm debating on purchasing either the Badman with Prizm or with Sapphire lenses. What would everyone recommened, especially those that may have both pairs?

Madman/badman are very expensive with high profit margins to the dealers (here in spain a dealer get 178,57€ for every one that sells, more than any other frame). You are going to pay a lot for the 'xmetal name' resurrection. But they are made by plastic and aluminum. They are better options in oakley portfolio about quality/price/technology.
But... If you want badmans, sapphire is more striking model(plasma frame) with regular lenses. Prizm ones have new lens technology that you have to try before and it depends where you live(sunny or clody weather), if you like or not. And this frame(dark carbon) has low profile, subdued style. Good luck with your choice!

Album: JinOni Oakley Album 2 | Oakley Forum

u can see perhaps from another angle what hits peak for ya. Sapphaire btw is already on back order till mid or end of march.
Also i went to the local o-store and they told me that both bad and mad are limited runs kinnda like last batch of juliets. So once production stops; is it. Get your while you can. I have few color combos I wanna do as carbon frame is my personal fav.

Thanks for the input so far. Has there been any confirmation that Oakley will make replacement lenses for the Badman?

Has there been any confirmation that Oakley will make replacement lenses for the Badman
No confirmation on OEM Badman lenses yet, but multiple employees have told me "a couple of months", "a few months", and "sometime this spring or summer". In the meantime most of our favorite donors work very well in the Badman [and Madman].

For the lenses - Sapphire is incredible to look at, but Prizm is easier on my eyes to look through and that is really what is important to me so I'll go Prizm. Also consider there are already some other Prizm colors that can be cut and more on the way so get the frame(s) you like the best and imagine it with all the colors you can as there will surely be a few available soon if not already.

Back