• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman problems

I dont think they "blow", i think they are a nice aluminum frame. From what i've said, people probably think I hate the Badman/Madman. I dont. I hate the comparison to X Metals. They are a decent frame with a cool concept that should have been $200 cheaper and placed on the same shelf as the regular wire frames .

Even on the Oakley site, they are categorized as wires. Agree with you regarding the price points.

Im compairing them to nothing else......i just think a flimsy hinge system is not a bright idea. Even on the penny the hinge sytem blows,you just cant get em snug on your face because tiny little springs dictate the tension.and then they threw in a moving nose bridge which made em sloppy loose,who wants to wear glasses that if you look down there hittin the pavement.

Why did they place the worst aspect of the Half X, the hinge, in the Badman? That is just plain dumb!

Because there's no flex couplers and thus spring hinges are the only way to design a frame that would fit noggins of variable widths...

Because there's no flex couplers and thus spring hinges are the only way to design a frame that would fit noggins of variable widths...
There are better mechanisms out there. Also if they knew the problems they could have done a re-design to improve it. Evolution! Which makes this even more depressing not only are these "X Metals " not their namesake, they have borrowed the one bit that seriously needs fixing.

The old X-Metals had major changes through their evolution each onetrying to iron out issues observed with the previous. Improved casting, cracking lenses, flex coupler, rivets. I guess the Half X was a new direction, opting for a solid bridge, no flex coupler. The logical progression for this would be to cure the hinge problem with the Half X which would have given the Badman some claim to the X Metal name as the next generation.
(Edited to clarify statement.)

One thing that is a little perplexing is why they need such an elaborate mechanism. It has been argued on the forum that the O-matter was supposed to give the flex. Also the stems are half plastic giving them more flex (admittedly rear part). I believe there have been some complaints that they are rather loose fitting, unlike the X-Metals.

Does anyone know what mechanism is used in the Penny?

I will just sit back now and wait to have all this shot down in flames. :lolsign:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back