• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badman problems

Spring hinges... never again. I went through 2 pairs of carbon/ruby SH A-Wire 2.0 a long while back... both broke at the hinge with normal use. The hinge mechanism is just a tiny 2 mm diameter cylinder that pulled in & out when you overextended the ear stems, & both of them broke there. Because they're so tiny & essentially touching the stem/orbital interface its impossible to weld/glue them back without just sticking the stem permanently open.

The first break I took them to an O-store & cost $100 to fix... which wasn't fixed. They simply replaced my used lenses & rubbers into a new frame. Second time they wouldn't even repair, just offered a crap discount on a new pair, the SH breaking often was obviously a known issue.

I got non-SH pair of A-wire 2.0s after that... & still wear them to this day after a decade. Only good to come out of it is I swap the ruby lenses into my non-SH frame.

Back