• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Badmans

"Brace Yourselves, Haters are going to Buy them Eventually"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421709090.136528.jpg

I don't remember what I wrote or what release it was about (I'm thinking when the Wally Lopez Garage Rocks were on the Vault and a lot of people got them?). I think it was;

1. Automatic dislike. Griping about reiterative design, recycled names, should-have changes, lack of colors, too many colors; take your pick.
2. A few people buy them on release
3. Gradual acceptance
4. Widespread collecting

I don't remember what I wrote or what release it was about (I'm thinking when the Wally Lopez Garage Rocks were on the Vault and a lot of people got them?). I think it was;

1. Automatic dislike. Griping about reiterative design, recycled names, should-have changes, lack of colors, too many colors; take your pick.
2. A few people buy them on release
3. Gradual acceptance
4. Widespread collecting

Something like that. I did a search, I can't find it.

@i am rich
Found this in a Carbon Blade thread;

And just like most of the new releases, it endures

The 5 Stages of an Oakley Release

1. Announcement
2. Forum lashing (uninspired, copied, derivative, China, Lux, etc)
3. Members get their hands on some
4. Reluctant acceptance
5. Widespread collecting

I think the Carbon Blade is at stage 4 right now.

That ice pair looks good. I'm not a fan of the Ferrari so much, hadn't seen real pics of most yet. I'd like to see them on more faces. @@Cargo looks pretty good in his. I think if the weave were a touch more pronounced the pair above would be intoxicating.

Read more: Carbon Blades! Matte Black/Ice Polar And Polished Black/Ruby Polar Ferrari | Oakley Forum

@i am rich
Found this in a Carbon Blade thread;

And just like most of the new releases, it endures

1. Announcement
4. Reluctant acceptance
5. Widespread collecting

That ice pair looks good. I'm not a fan of the Ferrari so much, hadn't seen real pics of most yet. I'd like to see them on more faces. @@Cargo looks pretty good in his. I think if the weave were a touch more pronounced the pair above would be intoxicating.

Read more: Carbon Blades! Matte Black/Ice Polar And Polished Black/Ruby Polar Ferrari | Oakley Forum
I think the new Ferrari CB's are the BOMB!!!

I feel like it's a pair that actually suits my face... But not my wallet...

@i am rich
1. Announcement
4. Reluctant acceptance
5. Widespread collecting

I completely agree! I wasn't fond of the CB when it was released and then when I was at the collector's event I made the purchase. Now I wear them a ton.

Latest Posts

Back