• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Balistic M frames question

Burner

Oakley Beginner
Hey guys, I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I have the si m frames and helo kit. I use my m frames for real steel shooting as well as Airsoft. A few week's ago one of the local fields said we were unable to use them, as there claim from the insurance company is the frames and lens would fail and shatter if they were to get hit at 14 jewels of force. Jewels is a measure of force incase you guys don't know. I myself don't really understand it. I am trying to find any information that would confirm or deny this clam. Thanks ahead of time.

Hey guys, I have a question that I can't seem to find an answer to. I have the si m frames and helo kit. I use my m frames for real steel shooting as well as Airsoft. A few week's ago one of the local fields said we were unable to use them, as there claim from the insurance company is the frames and lens would fail and shatter if they were to get hit at 14 jewels of force. Jewels is a measure of force incase you guys don't know. I myself don't really understand it. I am trying to find any information that would confirm or deny this clam. Thanks ahead of time.
If I had to "guess" they don't want to be liable for someone who decides to change the lenses out for ones that are non ballistic.

If I had to "guess" they don't want to be liable for someone who decides to change the lenses out for ones that are non ballistic.
That is my feeling as well, it's just interesting that the one field always and the other doesn't. Just the one that says no is a lot closer for all of us.

What caliber is 14 jewels, if you don't mind me asking?

It's not a caliber at all. The rounds we use when not shooting real steel are 6mm bbs. Coming out at 400fps to 500fps depending on the style of firearm. Just because it's cheaper and the rifles and pistol are so damn real looking it allows us anyways to train for 25 bucks for the day as to the few hundred plus in real ammo. I'm still trying to figure out the jewel rating system myself. You can google Airsoft jewel rating and try to understand it.

Dude, I can guarantee you that a ballistic lense WILL stop an airsoft BB. My rifle range where I shoot. .223/5.56 NATO approves Oakley ballistic any day of the week. Other than forum members here who can vouch for this, there are youtube vids on this.
H_NAt0DBMEs

It's not a caliber at all. The rounds we use when not shooting real steel are 6mm bbs. Coming out at 400fps to 500fps depending on the style of firearm. Just because it's cheaper and the rifles and pistol are so damn real looking it allows us anyways to train for 25 bucks for the day as to the few hundred plus in real ammo. I'm still trying to figure out the jewel rating system myself. You can google Airsoft jewel rating and try to understand it.
I wanna come out and play!

I wanna come out and play!
Lol if you are ever in Canada and can set you up. I have provided any and all of those videos etc. I have now sent an email off to oakley to see if they can provide me with that info. I even told the field that I would put my own oakleys up and they could pick any paintball style google they wanted. I would then shoot them with a 12 gauge shotgun to see which would be good after that and no holes etc. They didn't like that responce lol

Back