• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bananabeats On EBay

They got pulled! I wonder what happened, maybe they will be relisted with BIN.

This is his third time listing them... The last time they sold but evidently the buyer didn't pay. I asked for some information from the seller about them and he was not very interested in giving it. He just simply said "make an offer if you are interested".

Whatever you are willing to pay they don't come up for sale often

Consider the 50 pairs were received by Bananabeat Records with most distributed among their musicians and associates. Since then the only generally known availability has been the FearGear pair which attracted $810, then the two pairs tmsnewberry took possession of. The recent ebay offering is via an integral Bananbeat source, thus more than one is apparently available. I purchased a pair for £511, and had many message exchanges with the lady seller, who I soon realized was a significant player in the Bananbeat circle. There are many pictures and videos of this Frogskin worn whilst playing in bands, out in the hot California sun, on the beach, when having a laugh and so on. These did not all sell from a site and go directly into serious collectors archives like a Primitive, DQM, BKRW, Rag & Bone, or a Gentei... the Bananabeat would have been used often as a cool Oakley handout where the condition was at risk, lenses scratched, and microbags possibly lost. It was no surprise that my own pair had a fairly dirty microbag - now washed and perfect, and although the frame is fortunately pristine the lenses have minor marks hence I need a replacement set (luckily there is no etching!). All this is character...the happy music style, the goofy logo on the arm, the yellow and white theme, the youth, music, and the actual name itself........the Bananabeat Records Frogskin....all hugely add up for me as to what this model is all about....fun, a sense of humour, a wacky childlike daftness coupled with something extremely rare, obscure, and desirable....a piece of Oakley that most people will never own and can only dream of. I would predict over the next decade onwards so few of these will ever surface, so if the seller has one left I would be after it like my life depended on it. Most of the 50 will be owned by people who probably wont need the money hence will keep their pair, or examples of it could be too damaged, lost or destroyed but at least a tiny number have filtered into collections.

Back