• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bank account shrinking!!

There is a chart on lens cutting here on the forum that talks about donor lenses for the various xmetals. Or you could just send a PM to one of the lens cutters on the forum and they could hook you up! I'd get the frame first and get custom cuts later. Welcome to the forum!

Find a pair of cheap pennys - they're often lurking around sub 250 if you're lucky - and then get them refinished and retuned for a less bling. Throw in custom cut lenses and you're set for life unless you trash them.

Well...the Pennys I found were not cheap. I wanted the X-Metal finish with ruby lenses....that made it a bit more expensive. The pair I got is very low serial number (in the hundreds) and has the box, coin, papers, etc. I also bought a new pair of lenses for them as well. Spent more than I planned...but I think I made the right move. But X-Metal Pennys for $250...I don't know about that. Especially 1st generation with the blood red ruby lenses....scored the same combo in Juliets because I didn't know what I would like better. I have one pair of XS all ready and I find them a tad bit big. Not crazy about the other X-Metal models to be honest.

sub-250 is a general beat up pair of penny. Retune, refinish, new lenses that's $200 with spare change. Granted you don't get nice serial and may not get deep red ruby, but that's an alternative

I wish I knew how to get the deep red ruby....the pair of lenses are what I think you guys call "Fruby". I know they are hard to come by and am not sure how to tell from the box if they are the deep red ones....the seller might say they are the deep red ones but, that's his word.

Trade your x sq or Juliet's for penny's no more cost outlay

I might. When I get them I will know what I like best. If it's Pennys I like the most, I might get rid of the others and get more Pennys. I will know this weekend. I would like to put the Pennys I got away as an investment since they are the first few hundred made....but they are hard to find with the X-Metal frame.

Back