• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Barcodes....are They Seconds?

Mr. K

Oakley Expert
Seattle, WA
Just wondering, I see Oakleys for sale on eBay, new in box but the barcode removed from the box. Any chance these are factory seconds? Or are they just protecting their supplier so they can't be tracked for selling at a discount?

Will the lack of a bar code have any affect on value for future collectibility? I like all the goodies and boxes and such pristine, but I'm a tad bit OCD when it comes to collecting.

I am the same when collection Mr.K, love it all pristine and it annoys me when sellers don't package items correctly and the boxes get squashed in the post. I don't think the lack of a barcode is an issue because most collectors just care that it is in the original box with the documents and never worn. As for factory seconds Oakley don't do this as far as I know, the closest thing they have to that is "MPH" which is leftover parts put together to make runout models sold at discounted prices because they are not part of the original line and Oakley want them gone.

are you talking about a frogskins box? Probation box? Artist Series Box? Limited Box?

It all depends my friend

Back