• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Baseball Gear Thread

Im an avid baseball player, i play 1st, Shortstop, 3rd, Pitcher, and Catcher. any current or former ball players here? I use a DeMarini Insane glove for the feild, an old Wilson Carlton Fisk model Catchers glove (haha) at the plate. i use a Marucci Cat5 bat, an Ash bat for training, and a Cherry Maple Mizuno bat in games (when its legal). i would upload pictures, but with the dinosaur i use its a pain.

Hey, I am also an avid baseball and softball player. I play in summer wood bat leagues for baseball where i use a variety of differant bats. I have not played metal bat since college. I also play in a wood bat softball league and various tournaments with another team. I play outfield typically (center in baseball and left center for sb) and i use a rawlings pro prefferred. I have played first base in the past but typically do not anymore. Sadly my season came to an early end when i broke my leg slding into second 2 weekends ago. I slid into the short stops leg and somehow mine snapped. Not really sure how it happened. I have slid 100s of times in my career.

yeah injuries arent fun. got my cleat stuck in the dirt (somehow) and snapped a few tendons. was out for about 2 seasons. your career is over? or just at a standstill? and the pro preffereds are really nice

Doc says just a standstill. Out for the rest of the season for sure though. I had to have surgury to have a rod put in my leg. I am not allowed to walk for at least another month. According to the doctor though I will be good as new. If so ill be back out there next year for sure. I bought my first pro prefferred my senior year in HS and havnt used anything else since. They take forever to break in but once they are they are great.

My bro plays with mizuno gloves too. I never tried one. I have worn a variety of glasses to play but radars always end up being my go to pair it seems. I have tried both HJ and FJ and i end up with fogging on both pairs when i sweat. I wore M Frames in the past until Radars came out.

yeah, these are going to be my first sports pair, i guess if i dont like i'll trade em for a different model. im going into 9th grade this year so i still use metal bats, but i like the feel of woods better

Oh nice man, so you have a lot of career ahead of you. I am 25. Keeping up with competitive baseball is getting hard with being married and having a career and stuff. Double headers every weekend plus two games a week is getting tough. Next year I may make the switch to SB only. I am not sure yet though. I hate to give it up.

if i would choose 1 to give up, i would give up SB. baseball opens a few more possibilitiesive won money by playing baseball, but i played on the church softball for a year and its fun if your into that. but its like every hit is a SHOT. almost always reaches the outfeild. i play infeild for baseball because i actually get a bunch of chances

Back