• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Battery Replacement For Small Icon Time Bomb

Marc-Alexandre

Oakley Beginner
Hi,

I've a small Icon Time Bomb
iconsbig.jpg

(This is not a picture of my actual watch but it's exactly the same one)

Unfortunately, even if the pendulum move, no energy is transferred to the battery. Where can I find the specific battery replacement it need? I went to a local jeweller and he didn't know where to find it. I've seen on this forum the battery model for the full size Time Bomb, but this one is much smaller and I doubt it is the same battery model.

I've contacted Oakley Canada (I'm canadian, eh !), but they don't offers to repair it, they are only offering a rebate on the purchase of another watch of their collection. However, I'm not interested in a new watch. I very like the design of this one. Oakley US seems to want to repairs it until they find I'm canadian and transfers my problem to Oakley Canada where they don't offers to repair it.

Thanks for your informations !

So the "thing" that store the energy generated by the pendulum doesn't store energy anymore and I want to change it. :)

This previous thread [http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/time-bomb-1-capacitor-availiability.13200/] talk about a possible replacement rechargeable battery from Seiko for the larger Time Bomb. I'm only wondering if somebody know what is the id number of the replacement I need to buy from Seiko for the smaller Time Bomb.

Thanks

Opened up my Icon and discovered that it was not the same as the Time Bomb 1 capacitor which I had replaced recently with success.
The capacitor was smaller than the TB2 capacitor and took it apart anyway, hoping that there would be numbers on the bottom side of the capacitor but there weren't. Some additional research narrowed it down to the 30273MZ replacement. It's also now a Lithium Ion battery so it should last longer than the original.
You can replace it yourself for $16-20 or have these folks do it for $45:
Watch Capacitor Repair Service for Citizen and Seiko Watches | eBay
With a cost of about $20 for the capacitor alone if my watch were not already apart I would probably pay these folks an extra $25 and have them install it .

Opened up my Icon and discovered that it was not the same as the Time Bomb 1 capacitor which I had replaced recently with success.
The capacitor was smaller than the TB2 capacitor and took it apart anyway, hoping that there would be numbers on the bottom side of the capacitor but there weren't. Some additional research narrowed it down to the 30273MZ replacement. It's also now a Lithium Ion battery so it should last longer than the original.
You can replace it yourself for $16-20 or have these folks do it for $45:
Watch Capacitor Repair Service for Citizen and Seiko Watches | eBay
With a cost of about $20 for the capacitor alone if my watch were not already apart I would probably pay these folks an extra $25 and have them install it .

Awesome info for those Icon owners!!!! Thanks for contributing!!!

I have a "regular size" icon (not the small). Does it still use a different capacitor from the standard time bomb? And does the company that replaces the capacitors through ebay in this thread do all time bomb, icon, and icon s models?

I have a "regular size" icon (not the small). Does it still use a different capacitor from the standard time bomb? And does the company that replaces the capacitors through ebay in this thread do all time bomb, icon, and icon s models?
The Icon is different from the TB1. You would have to ask that seller what they do...

Back