1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. jonnyc1988

jonnyc1988 Oakley Beginner

Hey hopefully someone can help me. I bought a pair of batwolfs last year while on holiday in America. I bought a spare set of lenses with them. Just bought some oakley batwolf frames off eBay from a seller in LA with 100% positive feedback only I'm not convinced they are genuine. Quality seems good but no "made in usa". My other ones have it. There doesn't seem to be any serial number on either of them. Both have batwolf on left leg and CE on right, but only one pair has "made in usa" above ce.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. sisson16

sisson16 Oakley Expert Premium Member

not everything has Made In USA on it, most stuff doesnt now

3. jonnyc1988

Would they bother changing batwolf mold so it doesn't say that?

4. Bigred

Bigred Oakley Beginner

Yes because if it isnt made in the USA they cant lie about it. And to your second part, Oakley custom frames dont come with serial numbers on them because of the fact they are custom. So it might of been a custom frame if it is a real oakley frame.

5. sisson16

sisson16 Oakley Expert Premium Member

If it's not made in U.S. they can't claim it is. They have changed numerous frames in the past, and this is based of my limited experience. I'm sure others can provide more input. But yes they would bother to do that

6. jonnyc1988

Ah I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the help

7. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Put the lenses you know are real into the frame in question. If it fits, it is most likely real.

8. Oakster

Oakster Oakley Expert Premium Member Lifetime Member

Pics might help as well. Custom frames do not say made in USA nor have a style number. Batwolf on one arm. CE on the other. Ends of both stems have mini square O's.

If you post pics I can compare as I have a few custom frames.