• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolf Stems Becoming Loose

AusOakley

I should Work at Oakley
Sydney, Australia
The ear stems on my batwolfs are becoming a little loose. I purchased them from a shop while holidaying in vanuatu but they were the display pair. I have sort of a small face/head but could it be that because they were a display pair that people with bigger heads than my own could have stretched out the stems? how can i fix this?

i sort of have a similar issue on one of my antix frames, it stays in place but it doesn't have that nice snap open/closure you get with a brand new pair, it sort of just flops around...sadly i haven't figured out a remedy for this hopefully someone can help us both out.

Happened when I bought my TF3 Gascan's from the O Store. I just went back and they replaced the arms for me. I don't know if there is a way to make more resistant.

I have had this issue with a couple of used pairs and pairs that I've frequently taken the stems off of. If you take the stems off, you will notice that on the very end there is a top and bottom peg. Over time with use or multiple times of removing the stems, these pegs get worn out and create a loose feel. Buy some plastic glue (I use model specific plastic glue) and put a dab on the top and bottom peg, let dry overnight and then proceed to install the stems back onto the frame. This should create a tight feel again. Hope this helps.

-Matt

Yes but without a reciept they will charge you to service them unless you make a fuss about it

I have had this issue with a couple of used pairs and pairs that I've frequently taken the stems off of. If you take the stems off, you will notice that on the very end there is a top and bottom peg. Over time with use or multiple times of removing the stems, these pegs get worn out and create a loose feel. Buy some plastic glue (I use model specific plastic glue) and put a dab on the top and bottom peg, let dry overnight and then proceed to install the stems back onto the frame. This should create a tight feel again. Hope this helps.

-Matt

I wonder if that would somehow void the warranty if they were still sent in.

This happened with my first set of Whiskers. The earstems were extremely loose after a month and there was almost no grip from them. They were a display pair as well, so I figured that it was from being put on/taken off multiple times. Eventually I had to send them back into Oakley because the right earstem would point almost straight down when they were closed. Turns out there was a defect with the frame and I got a new one under warranty.

Lesson learned - always ask for another pair, never the display pair as you can't tell how many different people have messed around with the sunglasses.

Back