1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DoverShark

DoverShark Oakley Beginner

Hi all need some advice, im looking to buy some new glasses and cant make my mind up on what to go with. I did want to buy a set of black fuel cells but have been looking at batwolfs for something different. Is the size difference between the fuel cell and batwolf that much? Ive been trying to look for pics online to compare the two. I have a pair of fuel cells and a crankcase if they help for a size comparison. If anyone has any pics they could put up side by side that would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. s3sunruh

s3sunruh Oakley Collector

The batwolf is a great frame! My personal favorite. It is a bit tighter than the fuel cell though and has a little bit more wrap around your head. I can upload a size comparison picture for you here in a bit.

3. DoverShark

Cheers s3sunruh - cool I think my fuel cells could use more wrap to fit me better. But I hope the lens depth isnt to great a difference as the fuell cells look quite big on me

4. s3sunruh

I apologize for the lousy phone pics. This is compared with a crankcase (I just sent my fuel cell out today....)

Batwolfs Or Fuel Cells - tumblr_msd1ly6UuX1rbptugo4_1280.jpg
    Batwolfs Or Fuel Cells - tumblr_msd1ly6UuX1rbptugo3_1280.jpg
    Batwolfs Or Fuel Cells - tumblr_msd1ly6UuX1rbptugo2_1280.jpg
    Batwolfs Or Fuel Cells - tumblr_msd1ly6UuX1rbptugo1_1280.jpg

DoverShark likes this.
  5. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

The batwolf sounds like it woulf be a better fit if the fuel cell is bigger on you.

6. DoverShark

Im just concerned about the frame depth which judging from the pics - the batwolf has alot deeper lens. Not sure if they'll suit and I dont have any shops nearby to try them on - cheers for the pics and advice

7. atrain

atrain O-Forums Boss of Bosses

Batwolfs sat on my cheeks to much so I parted ways with them but Fuel Cells were the best.

DoverShark likes this.
  8. DoverShark

Just looked on misterspex .com and it says the frame depth is a difference of 2mm on the batwolf and fuel cell - does that seem right?

9. s3sunruh

Yup. Seems accurate.

10. Teetogreen

Teetogreen Oakley Collector

The added feature for the batwolf is the interchangeable icons. The shield lense instead of the duel lense. I have a big melon so the batwolf fits better for me. Good luck!