• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Batwolfs won't stay on

ThisIsNot

Oakley Beginner
I wasn't sure if I should put this in the mods section of the forums or not. Either way, here it goes... I have a pair of Batwolf glasses. I really like them and are about the only pair that Oakley makes which look good on me. However, they are constantly slipping down my nose and I am always readjusting them. It wasn't that big of a deal in the winter but now that the summer has hit, they are becoming rather annoying. I purchased a pair of foam nose pads but those didn't really work. My Batwolf would just take longer before they reached the stage where I had to push them up once very few minutes (I almost can't wear them while walking as that motion is enough to make them fall off if I don't do anything). Is there anything I can do to stop this? I have had them adjusted a few times but that doesn't work. I almost feel like Oakley should have coated the nose and inside of the temples/temple tips with non-slip rubber/silicon but they haven't. I would be willing to glue something to my glasses as a permanent option so long as I knew it would work.

Anyone have any suggestions aside from buying new sunglasses (I really don't want to waste $200 on something I will never wear)?

Boy do I know how this feels...are these available as Asian Fit? I dont think so but could be wrong They did same on me when I tried them on- Gascan regular size and Pit Bull completely slipped off nose also....I can recommend lots of styles that would fit but for mods...I'll leave it to the experts on here I am interested also in what people have to say.

I wasn't sure if I should put this in the mods section of the forums or not. Either way, here it goes... I have a pair of Batwolf glasses. I really like them and are about the only pair that Oakley makes which look good on me. However, they are constantly slipping down my nose and I am always readjusting them. It wasn't that big of a deal in the winter but now that the summer has hit, they are becoming rather annoying. I purchased a pair of foam nose pads but those didn't really work. My Batwolf would just take longer before they reached the stage where I had to push them up once very few minutes (I almost can't wear them while walking as that motion is enough to make them fall off if I don't do anything). Is there anything I can do to stop this? I have had them adjusted a few times but that doesn't work. I almost feel like Oakley should have coated the nose and inside of the temples/temple tips with non-slip rubber/silicon but they haven't. I would be willing to glue something to my glasses as a permanent option so long as I knew it would work.

Anyone have any suggestions aside from buying new sunglasses (I really don't want to waste $200 on something I will never wear)?
I personally am not a fan of modifying Oakley's to fit, since if you have to resort that far, you better sell them and find something that fits you securely.

I tend to agree...I didnt think there was a mod solution to this..I'd sell the Wolfs and get something that fits better

I saw a guy who had wire-style nosepieces (wire with a clear rubber nosepad) stuck in his hijinx. He said he went to an optical place and they heated up the wire and the frame until it could be pushed in. When it cooled, they were secure. Wouldn't recommend it..but I guess it can be done.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

obviously the truth hurts but these don't suit you.
having something that suits you requires no drastic modifications to a frame, it's supposed to fit you with no issues.

id suggest something with unobtanium.

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately my face just doesn't look good with very few wire framed sunglasses and Oakley doesn't make any of them. I had the same issue buying Ray-Bans back in the day as only the Predator II's actually looked good on me. They were constantly slipping off but I put up with it for many, many years until I purchased the Batwolfs as a replacement. Although they fit a lot better, they still fall off once my face gets sweaty/oily from being outside. They are fine when wearing them indoors or in air-conditioned places.

Bleh, I really didn't want to go out looking for another pair of sunglasses. It took me 5 hours to find those Batwolfs. Luckily I live near a large mall that has big Oakley, Ray-Ban, Nike, and a few other stores. I think I drove for 120 miles the day I found the Batwolfs, I really don't want to do it again.

Back