• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Been Busy Buying. Enjoy The Show!

Got two more in today. I have finally completed the Ichiro Series.

DSCN1293_zpseac04159.jpg

Actually kind of sad the hunt is over for now.

The second pair is a pair of Gen 1 Juliet X-Metal Ruby. I finally got lucky on ebay. The seller listed them as Penny's and they came in a Penny box. I took a chance and there they were. A pair of brand new sub X5000 (they changed the process at 5,000) serialized Ruby's with original lenses. Super Blackhawk Down!

re: the oo blue iridium, my LOW serial (000455) JB (polished/Blue iridium) has alot of green hues in it, like your earlier OO blue..and another member on here has a later JB with alot more blue/violet in his blue iridium lens like your later pair.

i think there was a big variation across the production of both lens colorways, to the point that its really is indistinguishable between OO blue and Blue iridium.

oh well, either way they are a rare lens now and DAMN GOOD LOOKERS.

OK, so I picked up a few more pieces. First is an X-Metal/Ruby Penny. I am not a huge penny fan because I have a pretty big dome, but when I saw the serial number on these frames, I could not resist. I own the Juliet X000571 NIB, and when I saw that this was XM00572, I took it as a sign to buy them. Thanks to rubyred for selling them to me. I had a bit of a dilemma since these did not come with lenses. I was able to obtain an original set of Oakley Ruby Penny lenses but they were no where near as dark as my Juliet 571's. I had Doc cut me a set and they are awesome and very dark, thanks Doc. I want to be as accurate to original as possible but I have no frame of reference because I am not really that into Penny's. Anyways, lets see if you can tell which lenses I decided to go with.

P1_zps700766f9.jpg

P2_zpsed765aa4.jpg

PRJSer_zpsb9af8b56.jpg

Those are the original Oakley Penny lenses. I figure you can't go wrong with all original, and I may get a wearer pair and slap the cuts into those.

The next set I have been searching for quite some time. I was lucky enough to find a mint pair in original box, although the box is pretty beat and the foam is totally gone. Romeo 1 "Michael Jordan" Serial 1282. They however, did not come cheap.

RJ3_zpsdd391740.jpg

RJSerial_zpsa49a1fea.jpg

RJ1_zpsd9efdedf.jpg

RJ2_zps7cd5a9f2.jpg

Thanks again for looking

Attachments

• P1_zps700766f9.jpg
    P1_zps700766f9.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 157
  • P2_zpsed765aa4.jpg
    P2_zpsed765aa4.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 212