• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Been out of the loop...what would the value of these Romeo's be?

hstexan

Oakley Beginner
MS
I've been wanting a pair of flak jackets to replace my half jacket's since the lenses are scratched up and the replacement polarized lenses are over half the cost of just going for a new pair. Remembered I had these in the closet and figured I'd look around to see if they were worth anything to help cover the cost. I guess I didn't realize they discontinued the X-Metal line, and from what I've seen prices are all over the place.

What I can say for sure about them: the coin is dated 1997, the frames are x-metal and the lenses are black iridium. I do have the original box and coin and extra nose pieces and such, but they are in the mail to me since they were in a box at my folks house (which is why no pictures of those yet). I also have the x-metal soft vault, which as pictures show the X is in fair condition...everything else about it is fine. A few scratches on the frame...probably rated around 80-85% (last 2 pictures show scratches that I've seen). Both lenses have slight spider cracks on the top and the right lens has one fair scratch on it...both lenses have other light scratches...I'd guess lenses are 70-75% condition.

Can anyone help give me a rough value for these? I saw some on eBay just sell for $600, two other auctions I'm watching are sitting around $300-350 with 3 days left. Granted I'm not expecting top dollar as I realize these are very much a used pair and in no way pristine or BNIB, but seeing as I really have no idea where to start, any input would be very much appreciated.

Pictures can be found at:
Oakley Romeo - Imgur

450.00 to 500.00 would be a guesstimate unseen.....just saw the link. 500.00 is a good starting place. If the box is in good condition maybe more.

Yup same as krank, $4-500 realistically through the forum exchange since there wouldnt be any ebay fees. Probably would go for more at auction but you are looking at feebay fees so it would net you less. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the help so far guys. I took some more pictures with my digital camera and got some of the lenses. I think the scuffs on the frame look worse than they do in real life because it's so darn close, but I'm not going to try to hide them so they're there in all their glory. Left lens to me looks to be in better shape than the right lens. However, when I put them on I honestly don't really notice any of the scratches, I can more see the spidering just a bit--YMMV. I think I'd still go about 80-85% on the frame condition and right lens around 65-70% and left around 80%.

Updated pictures with the box and coin...just now noticed I was somehow shipped 3 of the 15 hinge spacers and 1 of the 25. I believe I have the 50's in there right now, so I'm not sure how or why it was like that.

Back