1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

Has anyone ever bent the arms or broken a pair of X Metals? Some people i have talked to say its impossible.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. NMOne

NMOne Oakley Beginner

A guy I used to work with said that he used a vice and a pair of pliers to adjust the tips of the earstems on his Juliets so they wouldn't pinch the sides of his head too much. Not sure how much stock I put in that knowing how tough they are.

3. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

The earstem a are pretty weak/bendable.

4. Tsuius

Tsuius Oakley Beginner

All the x metal ear stems are bendable. You don't need any tools either, just a little force from your fingers.
    I have also seen (on this forum) bent x metal frames due to placing them in luggage (for some strange reason) while flying.

5. Gecko

Gecko Oakley Collector Premium Member

Bent Or Broken X Metals - urusa5yh.jpg there is a crack/break on a pair of xx I own. Since you wanted to see a pic. Not a stem but on topic.

6. Kiwi

Kiwi Oakley Enthusiast

I've seen other x metal frames broken at the same location as the picture above. I personally have never bent or broken any xmetal frames. Usually when under stress/ pressure the glasses flex/give at the nose bridge.

Guru: are you wondering if you can make hammer stems from bending straight arm glasses. If that's what you were wondering, I don't think that would produce a result like factory made hammer stems.

7. THE X-MAN

THE X-MAN Forum Sponsor Gold Forum Sponsor Premium Member Lifetime Member

gotta google a shop that can weld Ti.

8. OakleyGuru379

OakleyGuru379 What is that thing?!

I was just wondering, because i saw a pair of X squared on fleabay, and the seller said the arms had been slightly bent from accidentally stepping on them, but an O store employee said that was impossible. I figured the employee was full of s**t.

9. Rustpot

Rustpot M Frame Lover Premium Member

It's metal. It can bend.

Brett28 likes this.
  10. kwidjibo

kwidjibo Oakley Beginner

I thought they had a ceramic core inside that was coated titanium outside and if they bent to much they would crack the ceramic inside. Not entirely sure if thats how they are made tho.