• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Bent Or Broken X Metals

OakleyGuru379

Professional Lens Scratcher
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Illinois
Has anyone ever bent the arms or broken a pair of X Metals? Some people i have talked to say its impossible.

A guy I used to work with said that he used a vice and a pair of pliers to adjust the tips of the earstems on his Juliets so they wouldn't pinch the sides of his head too much. Not sure how much stock I put in that knowing how tough they are.

A guy I used to work with said that he used a vice and a pair of pliers to adjust the tips of the earstems on his Juliets so they wouldn't pinch the sides of his head too much. Not sure how much stock I put in that knowing how tough they are.

The earstem a are pretty weak/bendable.

All the x metal ear stems are bendable. You don't need any tools either, just a little force from your fingers.
I have also seen (on this forum) bent x metal frames due to placing them in luggage (for some strange reason) while flying.

urusa5yh.jpg
there is a crack/break on a pair of xx I own. Since you wanted to see a pic. Not a stem but on topic.

I've seen other x metal frames broken at the same location as the picture above. I personally have never bent or broken any xmetal frames. Usually when under stress/ pressure the glasses flex/give at the nose bridge.

Guru: are you wondering if you can make hammer stems from bending straight arm glasses. If that's what you were wondering, I don't think that would produce a result like factory made hammer stems.

I've seen other x metal frames broken at the same location as the picture above. I personally have never bent or broken any xmetal frames. Usually when under stress/ pressure the glasses flex/give at the nose bridge.

Guru: are you wondering if you can make hammer stems from bending straight arm glasses. If that's what you were wondering, I don't think that would produce a result like factory made hammer stems.

I was just wondering, because i saw a pair of X squared on fleabay, and the seller said the arms had been slightly bent from accidentally stepping on them, but an O store employee said that was impossible. I figured the employee was full of s**t.

I thought they had a ceramic core inside that was coated titanium outside and if they bent to much they would crack the ceramic inside. Not entirely sure if thats how they are made tho.

Latest Posts

Back