• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How to fix bent or crooked Oakley Radar frames?

I believe @Rustpot may have said something about leaving them inside the car on a hot sunny day ? Or maybe not.

Sent from an abandoned road while trying to smash the trunk shut to keep the bodies from getting out

Cool
Thanks

I scored 2 new polished black frames on the bay for $39 shipped each.
he showed them as being twisted and out of shape.
I was sure warm water and some patience would fix them.
Prob gonna paint these custom this summer

So you're the one that bought two of 'em. :)
I bought one and got it today and was able to straighten it just by (carefully) twisting it to the opposite side. Got most of the bend out. Will do the hot water trick tomorrow and see how it turns out. Regardless...it really is a non issue once you put them on.

I have a problem where the glasses feel like they are crooked on my face. I'm assuming crooked arms are the cause. And not my face lol

I have a problem where the glasses feel like they are crooked on my face. I'm assuming crooked arms are the cause. And not my face lol
I got the same problem with my flaks. I always wear a hat so the brim kind of straightens them out but I flex the arms just a scooch and I'm good to go

I literally posted the same thing Year’s ago when I joined.
I have the same problem. It not unlikely it’s your face.

We all have irregularities in our bone structure from side to side that can cause the nose bomb to sit a little higher on one side of your nose. Same thing with ear stems. Our ears are not perfectly level and some people can feel this with glasses on.

It’s my face for sure

but radars are so sticky with the amount of rubber contacting you that when the first make contact with your head, that’s where they stay, they don’t wiggle around at all or settle. They stick right where you put them so they need to be put on right where you want them. I struggled with this for a while as well. You’ll get used to it.

I literally posted the same thing Year’s ago when I joined.
I have the same problem. It not unlikely it’s your face.

We all have irregularities in our bone structure from side to side that can cause the nose bomb to sit a little higher on one side of your nose. Same thing with ear stems. Our ears are not perfectly level and some people can feel this with glasses on.

It’s my face for sure

but radars are so sticky with the amount of rubber contacting you that when the first make contact with your head, that’s where they stay, they don’t wiggle around at all or settle. They stick right where you put them so they need to be put on right where you want them. I struggled with this for a while as well. You’ll get used to it.
Thanks. Yea I use them for golf so I've been trying to wear them as much as possible to get used to them

Thanks. Yea I use them for golf so I've been trying to wear them as much as possible to get used to them

It was very frustrating for me to get used to because they just never felt right at all. I was constantly readjusting them and once I would start thinking about it, I couldn’t focus on anything else for a while lol.
I definitely have a crooked nose bone just subtle enough to cause glasses to be just a little off.
Other times I would think it might just be in my head.

Ultimately I told myself I would put them on go about my business. I achieved this by figuring out how they need to sit to feel right. Than putting them on slower than usual and carefully.

I also find that if I use the same nose bomb without changing it, than it naturally becomes less sticky over time and the glasses are a little more forgiving on my face.

It was very frustrating for me to get used to because they just never felt right at all. I was constantly readjusting them and once I would start thinking about it, I couldn’t focus on anything else for a while lol.
I definitely have a crooked nose bone just subtle enough to cause glasses to be just a little off.
Other times I would think it might just be in my head.

Ultimately I told myself I would put them on go about my business. I achieved this by figuring out how they need to sit to feel right. Than putting them on slower than usual and carefully.

I also find that if I use the same nose bomb without changing it, than it naturally becomes less sticky over time and the glasses are a little more forgiving on my face.
I have half jacket 2.0s that fit very nicely. My flaks are light enough that once I start focusing on other things I forget the feeling of them on my face

Back