1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. qtrain23

qtrain23 3D Printing Protege

I bought a Romeo 1 frame and need some lenses. I don't currently have the cash for oem so looking for 3rd party. What do you guys recommend? Right now I'm leaning towards exovista, but may go for line gear although they're a little bit more than I wanna pay.

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

Everyone says Linegear is the way to go... Best cut, color and clarity. Also seem to be thicker than the other lenses out there.

3. qtrain23

But they're so expensive for aftermarket.

4. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

They're less than half the price of the only OEM lenses on eBay though. And only $10 more than Exovista (runner up)

5. qtrain23

The exovistas I saw were 40ish. Line gear were 80

6. qtrain23

I think I may just have to go with linegear silver mirror in the end. They look so awesome

7. The Raven

The Raven Oakley Beginner

I can vouch for the quality of Linegear, but I have to recommend against the Red Mirror lenses based on personal experience. I haven't tried any of their other mirrors though, and based on the pictures on their site, I would be willing to try out another set, if I were interested in any of the other colors. Be warned though, their base tint is not very dark.

Oh, and they are ALOT more expensive than Exovista. I got my Exovista Ruby Quartz lenses for $34.99 shipped...the Linegear Red Mirror set that I got was damn near $90 shipped.

8. Impulse

Impulse Oakley Beginner

I also find that Linegear is a fair bit more (almost double) than Exovista. But from personal experience (I own a few exovista lenses) they don't really match up to the optical clarity of OEM. Looking into a pair of Linegear red lenses though, could you please elaborate on why you recommend against them?

Cheers

Alf

9. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

He wasn't too happy with the reflectivity of the lens...
    Here is a link to the discussion....

http://www.oakleyforum.com/oakley-x-metal-discussion/8304-any-pics-linegear-red-mirror-lenses-ducati-x-squared-2.html#post110514

10. The Raven

The Raven Oakley Beginner

Yup, mirror AND tint too light. Basically I just found them not worthy of the $90 pricetag. I already have $35 exovistas that I actually like better, so i'll put the money into accessorizing another frame.

If anybody wants the Linegears I got, they are up on ebay. My price is alot lower than Linegear's own, and they won't be shipping from Japan.